IWA Preston Brook.

Featured Posts

Are any of you good people attending the IWA event at Preston Brook?

It would be nice to see what some of you look like and maybe have a beer instead of restricting ourselves to cyber chat!

Preston Brook is also my home mooring, so if any of you want a laugh and to see how much I am ruining a good shell thats the time!! :P

27714[/snapback]

Hiya julie< we were going to go to iwa but are going on the langollen-soz-hope to meet you one day -there are far to many women on this site?

We're going (Me, my family, and my grandad, and the boat)

If anyone sees any of us, say hi!

- and if anyone wants a look round the boat your all welcombe any time!

Also, was there not another IWA PB thread about two weeks go?

- where did that go!

Daniel (SteamNB Emilyanne)

when i write on this forum I am writing on behalf of myself & partner who are just completing nearly 3 years of hard work building our 42ft narrow boat. Being a woman doesn`t make any differance to my views or requests on here.

We are only going to be there for the sunday and monday. But i shall be looking our for CWF badges!!

- Well we'll see who we see!

- Just look of the weird looking green one (with funnel!)

Daniel

Edited by dhutch

Also, was there not another IWA PB thread about two weeks go?

- where did that go!

27719[/snapback]

I did post a similar one a few weeks ago that looks like it got deleted. Don't know why. I'll probably be at the boatyard in Preston Brook that weekend so give us a wave as you go past.

It will be interesting to see where all the visiting boats are going to moor

I'm going with my daughter. I'm looking to buy our first narrowboat next spring (daughter leaving school next year and flying nest!) and although I don't want to buy new, I'm hoping for lots of ideas. I'm also hoping to maybe meet people who are looking to 'up-grade' to a new boat and will be selling theirs in the future. Don't know what the likelihood of this is, but you never know. It's also an excuse to get on board as many boats as I can as I can't get enough of boats and being on the water!

I'm going with my daughter. I'm looking to buy our first narrowboat next spring (daughter leaving school next year and flying nest!) and although I don't want to buy new, I'm hoping for lots of ideas. I'm also hoping to maybe meet people who are looking to 'up-grade' to a new boat and will be selling theirs in the future. Don't know what the likelihood of this is, but you never know. It's also an excuse to get on board as many boats as I can as I can't get enough of boats and being on the water!

27852[/snapback]

GRP Cruisers give you a much cheaper start in to the boating world.

I am going to the national too, where do we get the CWF badges from dhutch?

Incidentally, what are the green dots for under our names?

Edited by GRPCruiserman

GRP Cruisers give you a much cheaper start in to the boating world.

I am going to the national too, where do we get the CWF badges from dhutch?

Incidentally, what are the green dots for under our names?

28135[/snapback]

The badges do not exist (at the moment) this goes back some time there may be some thing if you "search" for it.

The green dots will increase as you post more they are not really relevant, they are a rating mechanism that is not used by this site.

The grey ones (only you can see yours) are used if you get a warning from the moderators for being "naughty"

Big-Thumbs-Up.gif

It's the algae build-up when we stick around on this site long enough!

28140[/snapback]

Is there a salt water site where we can go to kill off the algae then ?? :P

Seriously, perhaps if anyone works anywhere where they make those decals that we stick inside windows (not the glued ones, just the ones that stick), then perhaps they could run some off to stick in our boats.

That way we'd know when we were passing other forum members. We could be moored next to one at the National and not know!! :)

What do other people think?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it would be great to get some window stickers for CWF, if anyone knows anyone who can print them or somthink?

- And some CWF T-Shirts as well.

- Then we could havw a stall at the next National

- And then we could take over the whole world.

- And then we could.....

Anyway, on a serious, i really do think it would be good.

Also, the green dots basicalyt signify how new you are.

- You acrew them over a the first few months, and then thats about it!

Daniel

Also, the green dots basicalyt signify how new you are.

- You acrew them over a the first few months, and then thats about it!

29048[/snapback]

You mean we can't collect em and trade em in for a set of saucepans!!? Doh!

(Showing my age here..)

IF anyone is still at preston brook, emilyanne will be steaming from there (from Eblock) down to northwich, tomorrow.

- As always, anyone in the area at the time is welcombe aboard and will be give a full tour of the boat/engine/boiler/etc

Daniel

Where you heading Dan?

Longterm, we're not entirely sure yet.

- The boat is currently moored on the towpath, about 2/3 miles down from the anderton lift, 10minutes walk from the facilitys.

At the moment, it all depends on where we can get a mooring for over winter.

- We're on the waiting list for travelreigh, but also might be able to get a mooring just below tilstone lock on the shropshire union, as we vaguly know the people there.

Daniel

I thought you normally wintered at Whixall?

We dont really 'normally' winter anywhere, we just go somwhere near where the boat is at the time, prefrably near my grandad, or us.

- Last year we where at whixall

- The year before at Tarleton (after doing the lancaster)

- Before that was Hapton, etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. after being turned downby everywhere in the nantwich area, and whixall bing full too, we nearly ended up on the tow path just above grindleybrook (BW winter moorings)

- But then yesteday we got offered a place at travelreign, so going there afterall!

- We moving the boat there tomorrow (friday) its only about 2miles down, so its only a quick steam to the first winding hole, round and back.

- We have to move my monday anyway as there doing emergentcy bankwork just where we're moored now, and our 14 days is up on tuesday anyway. but it s goo job we didnt start out towards Grindley brook!!

Daniel