Boat flooded by twonk

denboy

Featured Posts

Take it on the chin and get on with your life.

I'm not sure what a "twonk" is (cuddly toy?) but I assume it is a child who would struggle to meet any sort of CCJ repayments.

Stupid people do stupid things.

I tend to agree. I doubt if you would win a claim anyway. We have insurance for these very reasons. It is very annoying and unjust that you should suffer financially, but nobody was killed. As Carl says "Stupid people do stupid things."

Bw were immediately informed and twonk is known to them 113.gif

I really do sympathise as this reflects one of my nightmares....but then your niece is probably far too polite and nice to shout at somebody looking likely to do this sort of thing in the way I would do.

I'm afraid your niece probably has to take this on the chin, extremely unfair as it is.

As "twonk" is known to BWB and clearly this is not a one-off incidence of stupidity, please do us all a favour and name and shame, as Sueb asked, so that we can all be forewarned.

There is a saying, which I am searching my memory for, along the lines of "Revenge is a dish best served cold". (Other forum members will probably be able to supply the correct quote).

Your (niece's) time will come, I hope.

Bob.

Edited by Canalfreak

I think he meant the present incumbent (encumbrance??) NOT the most successful PM we've had for decades. (Mrs T)

Successful?

She was certainly the most successful destroyer of communities this country has ever seen!

I think he meant the present incumbent (encumbrance??) NOT the most successful PM we've had for decades. (Mrs T)

:lol: So successful that she was booted out by her own?

Well I've read some utter bollocks in some forums since I've been on t'internet but the last two posts take the hob nob....

And what on earth do they have to do with canal boating???

As a general comment it's been a number of years since I was last in here but looked back in as I've just booked our first canal holiday in 4-5 years and popped back here just to see if I could pick up any hints or tips.

Have to say the tone of this forum and the quality of the posts has gone southwards since I was last here, think perhaps I need to look elsewhere.

Edited by MJG

Well I've read some utter bollocks in some forums since I've been on t'internet but the last two posts take the hob nob....

Slightly bizarre comment, since you have singled out the last two posts, which were a response to post #28.

Did post #28 have any more to do with canal boating ?

It's the nature of this forum, (and it always has been since I can remember), that these "asides" regularly get thrown in.

There are, of course, other canal lists and forums where this kind of thing maybe happens less. The problem with them though, from what I have seen of them is they are damned boring by comparison, (and not much happens either).

Nobody makes anyone join a particular one , so I suggest you go with the one you get on with best.

(Oh, and I am no lover of either Thatcher or Brown, but still reckon the latter has a long way to go to do as much damage to this country as the former.)

Well I've read some utter b*****ks in some forums since I've been on t'internet but the last two posts take the hob nob....

Have to say the tone of this forum and the quality of the posts has gone southwards since I was last here, think perhaps I need to look elsewhere.

Well the language has certainly gone downhill since you got back.

As a general comment it's been a number of years since I was last in here but looked back in as I've just booked our first canal holiday in 4-5 years and popped back here just to see if I could pick up any hints or tips.

What has your post got to do with canal boating? What has it added to the topic? Or did you just drop in to pick a fight? If you feel the comments are off topic (which they are) then why not do something positive and bring the thread back on topic?

Indeed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your contribution to the debate is as off topic as mine was.

The difference is yours is totally pointless, too.

What puzzles me is, after criticising the forum and saying you weren't coming back, you're still here?

We can't be that boring!

Your contribution to the debate is as off topic as mine was.

The difference is yours is totally pointless, too.

What puzzles me is, after criticising the forum and saying you weren't coming back, you're still here?

We can't be that boring!

I think to be totally correct what I said was..

"think perhaps I need to look elsewhere."

I don't I think I said I wasn't coming back....

My apologies.

Sometimes we just see what we want to see.

No problem, after looking elsewhere it's apprent there ain't much out there... :lol:

Getting back on topic...

Most household insurance covers 'public liability' or similar. For negligence, such as if your dog savages the postman or whatever, but I THINK it also often covers the insured being stoopid off the property. I'd say that would be more relevant than boat insurance - may be worth checking if you can find the twonk

I think that even if said twonk is found, that it will be very difficult to get any form of compensation. All the twonk has to say is that he/she misheard you, and thought you said "open the paddle." Not very encouraging I know, but that is likely what will happen.