Demeter - a Ken Keay boat?

Ros P

Featured Posts

Carlt.

I know little of you, but what I do know is you have a great passion for boats that is enviable, certainly by me.

Late I know, but sorry to hear about Usk. Are you likely to get the s@ds that did it?

Martyn

Excellent that is good to hear Carl. At least if she is in safe (all be it possibly temporary hands) then hopefully a new owner can be found if your contact isn't interested.

The Judith Ann pic was taken Mid 70s. I will try and get and exact date. Sounds like a JP3 might be a bit heavy then. The AS2 sounds the best bet.

• 6 months later...
The Ken Keay was up for sale last year through ABNB brokerage. It was on their website for quite a while and then was "under offer" and then disappeared from the site so I presume it was sold. It had been refitted and was painted in a rather "distinctive" combination of lilac and purple! I had the particulars but I think they must be on my previous, now dead, computer. The price was very reasonable for one of the nicest boats I've seen.

hi all just to let you know that the flying banana {the ken keay }is still around i am the new owner i have owned the boat for the last 18mths my wife and i live aboard on a marina,we had it out of water at steve mills boatyard in july this year he was amazed at the condition of the hull and the way it was built with the steel top,we are very happy with the boat we also have all of nick grazebrook,s logs and pics of his travels on the ken keay,just by reading some of his notes you can feel he loved this boat,when ever we go out on the cut people look at the boat and tell me what a nice looking boat,gone has the lilac and purple,we had it painted by mark dovey of kidderminster.so to the boat is still around .

• 3 years later...