A truck, 3 people a deer hound and two banters

nbtafelberg

Featured Posts

Getting there was fun when the GPS hung, you never know a GPS has hung if you are on the motorway. It was funny because I said "What happens if the GPS hangs?" and Chris said... "Oh...it has". Luckily we had not arrived in Aberdeen yet and in fact we were only 3 miles away from the banter!.

We are slightly mad I know but Mr & Mrs Baldock and I returned last night from not one but TWO Banters, things started going wrong at the Leicestershire banter when Mr Baldock suggests we go to the southern banter at about 8pm.

The northern banter I thought was very well organised, MarcH looked lovely in his strange jingly jangly thing (I have the video) (blackmail) (just you wait till Monday)? However I didn't realise there was a pirate theme! This didn't matter as we were kindly given stickers to make up from our lack of attire.

I overordered the Pork Scratchings. I still have some left if anyone wants some. They don't believe in flashy packaging by the way - the packet was black and white "we ain't having any colour here, we didn't have colour before 1960 when the BBC brought it in, and we ain't having it now".

It was great to meet so many people I've upset on the forum and to catch up with some old friends. I have to say Daniel is looking taller than ever and will have to get a "high Vehicle" sign.

The food at the Northern Banter I thought was a little dry. The dried chicken in .. er.. was that bacon... needed some sauce badly and I found by giving it a dose of tomato it brought it back to life slightly. They didn't have London Pride but you know you can't hold that against them. I was told it was the "wrong brewery".

Doggy Baldock had a lovely time and was pampered by quite a few people, one person, not part of the banter did completely lose it in terms of sloppyness over the poor animal.

The southern banter was very interesting, when we arrived the tiny pub was deafening with a band from a stadium who handn't realised that people wanted to talk sometimes and not just listen to them. Have you ever tried to say "London Pride" in sign language to the lady behind the bar.

Don't get me wrong great band, but GET A STADIUM or TURN IT DOWN. ... it was so loud that we had a rare treat and retired to NB Owl. What a wonderful wonderful boat and had a good hour or two, with wine flowing (and I mean flowing on the floor due to trying to get 10 or 11 people into a narrowboat). One person did proudly tell me he had a bow thruster (oh matron!) and asked me if I had one, I simply reported that my bow thruster had left and got his own boat and now I just used prayer.

Shockingly at both banters I was famous for my pink engine through no fault of my own. Excellent.

All in all I think both banters were great and I am inspired to organise a LONDON banter... anyone interested? ... (apart from Doggy Baldock whose name I cannot spell).

Doggy Baldock by the way, despite her size IS NOT A SHETLAND PONY.

Great time had by all except fuzzy who kept being reminded he "didn't have a proper boat".

Thanks again to the Baldock family for the lift. It was nice for a change not to be the designated driver.

Edited by nbtafelberg

Thanks for the reports. It is nice to know what you have missed :lol: . The wrg Barn dance was, as usual, a good place for wrgies to catch up on news and we could hear each other over the folk music. I am glad we made that choice as loud music and I don't mix. We could be interested in a London banter. When and where?

Sue

All in all I think both banters were great and I am inspired to organise a LONDON banter... anyone interested? ... (apart from Doggy Baldock whose name I cannot spell).

Definitely - post it up!

Didnt get to speak to you, but it was a suprise at eight when baldock declaired he was leaving 'for the other banter'. Two timer!!

Oy ..........

What could be better than one banter.....two banters !!

T Shirt please

Chris

( Stunning drive from Lough to Bulbourne...nice roads SWMBO and Taff snoring their heads off)

TFF Cigarettes

A reply must be deserving of a man who has attended two banters in one night, consumed quantities of London Pride, and has managed the superhuman feat of posting at 9.30 the following morning,..................respect :lol:

It was great to see you guys at the loughborough banter this welcome also extends itself, to the horse in dogs clothing which I'm sure with the use of a harness, could suitably replace your nb engine.

I would certainly be up for a london Banter. :lol:

Edited by Morphyous

Oy ..........

What could be better than one banter.....two banters !!

Chris

Chris you are not the man I always thought you were - a mere two banters? What was up with attending the third banter that was occurring this weekend?

OK, so we did only decide on the final venue around 20 minutes before we moored up due to a rather relaxed start to Saturday morning and not being 100% certain which winding hole woule be most suitable when the two attending boats had to leave next morning in opposite directions (and both had a few hours cruising to put in)

I can report that in attendance were:

JanetS, R.J. Moley & the full complement of Molettes, Myself and Postcode.

We ate copious amounts of food which was very capably cooked on the BBQ by RJ, We drank a very reasonable amount of wine & beer and the icing on the cake was - the icing on the cake - Vicki Mole had cooked not just one but two of her legendary Victoria sponges - a choice of chocolate or plain with vanilla buttercream and topped with fresh strawberrries! YUM! :lol:

None of us could believe that we were all sitting outside around a BBQ in February (albeit the last day of February) It was really not that cold and when the BBQ had finished cooking duties it was put into service to contain a small log fire.

It was fantastic to see Talpidae with her newly blacked bottom and see so many very relieved looking Moles and it was wonderful to cruise down to meet them with such a competant crew on board Carrie~Lou. Thanks for being such great compnay Janet & RJ!

Sorry to everyone else that were were unable to make either banter but we had already promised the guys a weekends boating and as it happened the weather did us proud as well.

Chris you are not the man I always thought you were - a mere two banters? What was up with attending the third banter that was occurring this weekend?

OK, so we did only decide on the final venue around 20 minutes before we moored up due to a rather relaxed start to Saturday morning and not being 100% certain which winding hole woule be most suitable when the two attending boats had to leave next morning in opposite directions (and both had a few hours cruising to put in)

I can report that in attendance were:

JanetS, R.J. Moley & the full complement of Molettes, Myself and Postcode.

We ate copious amounts of food which was very capably cooked on the BBQ by RJ, We drank a very reasonable amount of wine & beer and the icing on the cake was - the icing on the cake - Vicki Mole had cooked not just one but two of her legendary Victoria sponges - a choice of chocolate or plain with vanilla buttercream and topped with fresh strawberrries! YUM! :lol:

None of us could believe that we were all sitting outside around a BBQ in February (albeit the last day of February) It was really not that cold and when the BBQ had finished cooking duties it was put into service to contain a small log fire.

It was fantastic to see Talpidae with her newly blacked bottom and see so many very relieved looking Moles and it was wonderful to cruise down to meet them with such a competant crew on board Carrie~Lou. Thanks for being such great compnay Janet & RJ!

Sorry to everyone else that were were unable to make either banter but we had already promised the guys a weekends boating and as it happened the weather did us proud as well.

If only we had known !!!

Good to hear you all had an excellent weekend and the Moles are a lot more chilled out !

Catch up soon

C