Metal hull power of 999.

Androo

Featured Posts

Metal hull power of 999.

What does this number mean ?

Androo

Saw an advert in Loot a few years ago for a narrow boat which stated that it was 'still whole'. Took us a few minutes to realse that it should have meant steel hull (Never place an advert by telephone!)

Tim

Saw an advert in Loot a few years ago for a narrow boat which stated that it was 'still whole'. Took us a few minutes to realse that it should have meant steel hull (Never place an advert by telephone!)

Tim

:lol: excellent. Bet he didn't manage to sell it!

Edited by BlueStringPudding

I've been looking at boat listings http://www.jim-shead.com/waterways/boatreg.php?bn=81476

and there a variety of different numbers for hulls. Just wondered what they meant.

some people put engine cc in the power section of the paperwork I've seen a boat with a BMC 2.5 listed as power of 2500

some people put engine cc in the power section of the paperwork I've seen a boat with a BMC 2.5 listed as power of 2500

Yes, my insurance quotes "BMC 1500HP" - their mistake not mine!

I think the 999 used extensively on Jim Shead's site is simply a placeholder for 'unknown'.

I think the 999 used extensively on Jim Shead's site is simply a placeholder for 'unknown'.

Exactly, although some that are clearly powered also show as 0 HP.

I think it's only BW registered boats that have these glitches in the data.