More Snow

AlanJ

Featured Posts

Was snowing in central west London from around 4.30ish. Got out to the northern home counties where it snowed for quite a bit longer until about 8ish on top of the last persistant bits that haven't melted from well over a week ago. Was slushy but now doing it's best to freeze solid. Could be interesting tomorrow. Probably the wrong kind of snow and will prevent and early arrival in the office tomorrow. Ho hum .... am still trying to catch up from the previous week.

D :lol:

Will be boating past you on Sat, give us a wave (or buy us a pint!)

Tim

It has snowed for most of the afternoon - people were queuing up to get in the ditch on my way home to 9 miles south of Lincoln - the snow was settling on the roads despite the traffic in the rush hour - speed down to 20 mph - it turned to rain about half seven but was sleeting again by half 8

snow is only about an inch deep but its stopped now - I don't think its freezing though because its dripping off my roof - but my insulation might be crap

Cheers for that. May want an update later. Decided we are going for it anyway. May end up using the boat as a caravan if its still iced over though.

The snow never really made it to Sheffield. It kind of sleeted for a while then gave in. We do still have last weeks snow/ice on the ground though.

Snow started in MK just after I typed my response yesterday. Kept going for about two hours then turned to rain which started to attack the snow. Temperatures seem to have stayed above freezing overnight and sun is shining now. Everwhere's damp so I think the snow is gradually melting.

Heard last night that there's still ice in the boatyard but the main line (southern GU) was reportedly reasonably clear.

Does anyone know how it is in Northampton area? I want to go to the boat this w/e but don't want another hairy journey. This has been the longest winter I remember for years!

Stickleback

There was quite a snow fall last night. I popped over to see our boat at Wigrams on my way back from Warwick last night. The canal there was full of thick ice covered in snow. The main roads were OK but the side roads were very snowy and icey. I had a bit of a bad journey to just a few miles south of Wellingborough to get home (Nene very high by the way) however it looks a lot better this morning and the snow is melting again and a sunny day. The temperature is due to drop again tonight though so will be freezing up again I think.

Edited by churchward

Anyone know what the weather is doing in Lincolnshire? (big area i know, specifically the Lincoln area)

Awful last night by all accounts. Daughter lives in Lincoln works in Cherry Willingham (only a small incline) and could'nt get the car up the hill. Knight in shining came to the rescue.............saw her struggling to get car moving as he drove past so walked back down the hill and drove her car up the hill for her.

Whoever you were thanks for that.

Nice and sunny today and the snow is slowy melting at least it is here in Sunny Scunny.

Edited by tillergirl