Keadby Tide Tmes

Lee J

Featured Posts

Can anybody give me a rough idea of what the correction from Hull tide times Keadby is? Just a rough guess for now will do, secondary port calculations do my head in! Even more so river calcs.

I will do some more accurate checking closer the day, I'm travelling from Keadby to W.Stockwith, but not until May. Talk about forward planning.

Lee

Can anybody give me a rough idea of what the correction from Hull tide times Keadby is? Just a rough guess for now will do, secondary port calculations do my head in! Even more so river calcs.

I will do some more accurate checking closer the day, I'm travelling from Keadby to W.Stockwith, but not until May. Talk about forward planning.

Lee

:lol: Hi Lee

Dont bother with the time difference, I have done the Tidal trent several times and I always phone the Lock keepers direct at Keadby or wherever, they know their stuff and will advise on best times dates etc.........I did it one year on the highest tide of the year when the water was nearly level with the top of the lock I dont advise it but you get to Nottingham in about ten minutes.....Well not realy but u know what I mean !!

Lee

Keadby Tidal differences on Immingham

High Water Low Water

Time + 1h 40m + 4h 20m

Keadby Tidal Differences on Hull

High Water + 1h 20m + 2h 45m

HTH

Howard

Keadby Tidal Differences on Hull

High Water + 1h 20m + 2h 45m

I always worked on 1 hour from Hull (for HW), and high water Hull is flood at Cromwell. Not sure what BW normally recommend for travel to West Stockwith - we are normally running up to Cromwell from Hull! I would suspect 3-4 hours before high water Keadby arriving Stockwith near top of tide.

edit: oh yes, and large amounts of river water from the wet summer we are bound to have will delay the tide, and reduce it's effectiveness. In 2007 it only just managed to actually run up at Owston Ferry, and then only for an hour or two! :-)

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by mykaskin

edit: oh yes, and large amounts of river water from the wet summer we are bound to have will delay the tide, and reduce it's effectiveness. In 2007 it only just managed to actually run up at Owston Ferry, and then only for an hour or two! :-)

Like in 2008 when we phoned the lock keeper at West Stockwith about our returning to Torksey and he said "we haven't had an incoming tide for two days"