Froze in

Rivers

Featured Posts

Just to add one last thought, finally the ground thawed for about 2 hours this mornnig, well when I say thawed I mean it was melting ice....so off we trotted to the top with our roll up hose and guess what - the wharf owner has AGAIN switched the water off at the mains. This resulted in my in tears of rage.....an inch of water left and the bonce needs a shampoo, and the MB lying in wait for the daft joiner doing the building up to show his face.

I cant beleive we had one tiny window of opportunity to fill the tank and we lost it.

Just to add one last thought, finally the ground thawed for about 2 hours this mornnig, well when I say thawed I mean it was melting ice....so off we trotted to the top with our roll up hose and guess what - the wharf owner has AGAIN switched the water off at the mains. This resulted in my in tears of rage.....an inch of water left and the bonce needs a shampoo, and the MB lying in wait for the daft joiner doing the building up to show his face.

I cant beleive we had one tiny window of opportunity to fill the tank and we lost it.

Oh no! I sympathise. I ran out of all fluids on the boat except soya milk last night. :lol: Chose not to flush the toilet at all nor to drink anything rather than use that! :lol: And then I unwisely made a very spicy chilli chicken dish for supper which left me with a thirst on! :lol:

Been at work all day today so can't get the boat to the yard to fill up till the weekend. I'll have to buy some more bottled water tonight en route home!

It's okay, the thaw is underway. We can get serious when it freezes, again.

Went to check on our house today - the heating had been left on the frost protection setting and had worked fine but it didn't help the goldfish in the garden pond - several inches of ice on the top and half of the fish look frozen (or suffocated) in the ice - spent several hours trying to make a hole in the ice with kettles of water but couldn't make much progress. I just hope there are a few still alive deep down - it's three feet deep in the middle. The pond is in a sheltered spot and we have not had a problem before with it freezing at all. :lol:

I just watched a work boat try and navigate our pound - he came through the lock but he didnt get far at all, he gave up, left the boat and went home! :lol: I had no idea, until he just tried to smash his way through, that the ice is two inches thick, even though its been melting a bit in the daytime.

Do feel free to pop round for a shower!

Do feel free to pop round for a shower!

Mr mayall, you are a scholar and a gentleman.....lucky as you most likely guessed, once Paul, had explained to all and sundry, in his most colourful language, the water was quicky connected and all are clean and hydrated again. I was most concerned with Mick's lady who cant move about, cant get to the shops to buy water and is in the throws of chemo...can you imagine not having water in those conditions.

But all is restored.

Love the threads.

I returned after Christmas to find us frozen in place. Heating worked (which was fotunate) but as we "winterised" the boat we drained the water tank.

Tried to fill up from tap, reeled 50 mtr of hose out to get a trickle of water out the other end, so that means its frozen too!

20 minutes in a hot shower made the water defrost and a quick sprint to connect it up and test it, made it work.

Wish I had my camera, 50 mtrs of hose in a shower is a picture, just to get water to your boat.