Sign the petition against BW licence fee increases!

Continuous cruiser

Featured Posts

I think, Dave, you're actually divvying up the licece and mooring charges in a way that BW have never suggested.

If I'd got my water from the farmer, behind mooring, rather than the BW water point, I would not have been charged any less, for my mooring.

No. Online moorings are marinas without some of the facillities and therefore cheaper than marinas. An online mooring can be equated to an EOG mooring owned by BW. Rent for online mooring space must be paid to the landowner which in this case is BW. A proportion of the rent paid to BW equates to the charges paid b to marina proprietors.

If I was an online moorer I'd still object to paying the same licence fee as a CCer.

British Waterways own no land, they merely manage it.

Most online moorings are allocated (not rented) on the clear understanding that you do not leave anything on the land and you are not allocated a specific part of the LT mooring site,

you could choose an online mooring and not a marina , bw get the money but you dont get the lovely services.

No! I can't! not available, nil stock, refer to drawer. As I have already stated, the "lovely services" consists of a tap!

A thought that springs to mind is that the marina concept is a pretty new one on the canal and now they think its their canal system and they are the only ones who use it properly

its a bit like those old Christian crusaders.

It was wrong then and guess what.... its still wrong now

How bloody dare you! Do you think you have a window into my mind and can read my motives? Do you really believe that being forced to spend money I barely have to moor in the only available spot makes me one of "them" and that I believe the canal is mine!? If anyone is out of order here it is the continuous moorers who not only occupy visitor moorings but have the brass neck to paint their boat name on them.

British Waterways is merely a government department with the responsibility of managing publicly owned property.

BW is NOT a government department. It is a Statutory Corporation.

It owns, as an agent of the State, the canal track.

Gentlemen and Ladies

I think the tar brush is being slapped around a little to much.

No matter how we argue discuss this there is always a counter argument view (such is life), we should be together as one, sorting out BW.

Gentlemen and Ladies

I think the tar brush is being slapped around a little to much.

No matter how we argue discuss this there is always a counter argument view (such is life), we should be together as one, sorting out BW.

All irrelevant, now, according to Richard's thread.

My condolences to all those felt hard done by.