Mobile Pay-As-You-Go Broadband

Reptile Smile

Featured Posts

I can only assume you failed to do the research, before purchasing, by reading the terms and conditions.

I didn't buy the payg 3 package because I knew you couldn't carry the credit over, to the next month.

I did my research before buying, rather than moaning afterwards.

If the terms and conditions state clearly, that the boiler doesn't work on Fridays, then you have no comeback, if you failed to do the research.

Bit of a recurring theme, isn't it.

Your off again being antagonising arn't you Carl.

Go on please tell me where to have a face to face conversation with you.

If the terms and conditions are not fair and you didn't realise credit don't get carried over then you can challenge the terms and conditions.

As lets face it they are not fair.

Its not moaning Carl.

I did in fact do a lot of research on mobile broadband Carl.

If the terms and conditions are not fair and you didn't realise credit don't get carried over then you can challenge the terms and conditions.

Its not moaning Carl.

I'm not being antagonising just pointing out that whinging about something, because you didn't read the T&Cs is pretty silly.

If they are not fair, and you did the research, why on earth did you buy the package?

It is moaning Mr Beats and why on earth would I want to have a face to face conversation, with you? You called me a pretty obscene name, remember?

You are being antagonising.

You are telling me that I am moaning and now I am whinging and IM silly.

My point is Carl if you said that that amount of condescending insults to someone in a face to face conversation in a space of five minutes you would most likely get yourself a slap.

I think I'm making myself very clear.

Edited by mrbeats

Hi all

I've tried that 3 one on PAYG and its useless. Its been heavily oversubscribed and feels slower than dial-up v.92 was back in the day.

Using your mobile as the modem, in most cases, will get you hit with a bill thats astronomical even with very little usage (under 1gb).

Its not moaning Carl.

I also did a fair amount of research on PAYG mobile broadband before investing, and have to disagree with you.

At the time we signed up to '3', it seemed to be the best on offer, and people on here agreed.

Like anything you need to read the small print, which I did, and the terms and conditions are perfectly clear - any credit not used after 30 says is lost - I knew that and accepted it.

Even so, for someone not aboard full time it represents a good option. After only a few months I will be quids in over a contract, where I'm not using it much of the time.

We have travelled many hundreds of canals using '3', and found few places where we could not achieve an adequate signal for typical Internet use, (such as being on here). Often it's very fast indeed.

If you buy a sensible amount of credit, then exceeding your monthly allowance will seldom be an issue.

The one caveat I would add is that I have had no cause to use their telephone support, by which all accounts leaves a lot to be desired.

Alan

EDITED TO SAY:

I've largely provided this answer to help others who may have to chose a PAYG Broadband service.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of point trying to convince you, though, as you seem to want to have an argument more than a civilised conversation (in my opinion).

Edited by alan_fincher

You are being antagonising.

You are telling me that I am moaning and now I am whinging and IM silly.

My point is Carl if you said that that amount of condescending insults to someone in a face to face conversation in a space of five minutes you would most likely get yourself a slap.

I think I'm making myself very clear.

Are you threatening me?

You really do overreact don't you?

You were stupid enough to buy a package, without reading the terms and conditions, and then complain that you didn't get what you wanted.

That's whinging.

If you did read the T&C's, and still bought the package, then that's just plain thick.

You provoke the bluntness of my posts because you are threatening and abusive.

Grow up mrbeats, you continue to make a fool of yourself.

I also did a fair amount of research on PAYG mobile broadband before investing, and have to disagree with you.

At the time we signed up to '3', it seemed to be the best on offer, and people on here agreed.

Like anything you need to read the small print, which I did, and the terms and conditions are perfectly clear - any credit not used after 30 says is lost - I knew that and accepted it.

Even so, for someone not aboard full time it represents a good option. After only a few months I will be quids in over a contract, where I'm not using it much of the time.

We have travelled many hundreds of canals using '3', and found few places where we could not achieve an adequate signal for typical Internet use, (such as being on here). Often it's very fast indeed.

The one caveat I would add is that I have had no cause to use their telephone support, by which all accounts leaves a lot to be desired.

Alan

If you buy a sensible amount of credit, then exceeding your monthly allowance will seldom be an issue.

I accept your point Alan as you made in a way that is not insulting or personal.

Yes I should of read the small print although I would usually it was a rush buy at the time.

I do think aside from the small print the practice of not rolling of time is unfair in principle because that time has been paid for like any other goods.

Are you threatening me?

You were stupid enough to buy a package, without reading the terms and conditions, and then complain that you didn't get what you wanted.

That's whinging.

If you did read the T&C's, and still bought the package, then that's just plain thick.

So now im stupid!!

Im plain thick!

And you call me abusive lol.

You are the one who was condescending and antagonising.

I dont need to threaten you Carl I have made it clear if you spoke to my face like that you would get a slap end of.

Bye.

I think we should campaign to make Marmite taste nice, too!

If you don't like the service, on offer, don't use it!

This was not insulting or personal.

I just think I've inadvertently stepped into a "princess and the pea" situation.

I dont need to threaten you Carl I have made it clear if you spoke to my face like that you would get a slap end of.

Bye.

I've reported your threats of violence.

Anyone who cannot debate a point, without resorting to such threats is stupid and thick.

This was not insulting or personal.

I just think I've inadvertently stepped into a "princess and the pea" situation.

Oh here he goes trying to wriggle out.

You insults progressed over your replies Carl.

Its interesting as you have had a similar effect on another forum member who has sent me a message in regards to your condescending comments around here.

As a result they refrain in getting involved in threads that you are part of.

Thats you who has done that to someone.

You want a take a look at yourself.

You can make your point without calling someones actions moaning,whinging,silly,thick,stupid ect

I can only assume someone has degraded for years to the extent you are insensitive to such behaviour.

No threats have been made Carl.

I have not said I am going to come and attack you. that would be a threat.

I have said ''if you spoke to my face like that insulting me I would give you a slap''

That is not a threat that is an intention only based apon your verbal assault towards me if which I very much doubt like many degrading bullies like you plucked up the courage to do so in the physical world.

Oh here he goes trying to wriggle out.

You insults progressed over your replies Carl.

Its interesting as you have had a similar effect on another forum member who has sent me a message in regards to your condescending comments around here.

As a result they refrain in getting involved in threads that you are part of.

Thats you who has done that to someone.

You want a take a look at yourself.

You can make your point without calling someones actions moaning,whinging,silly,thick,stupid ect

I can only assume someone has degraded for years to the extent you are insensitive to such behaviour.

Well the only other forum member, who has threatened me with violence, is a racist, who advocated shooting immigrants.

Nice company, you're keeping.

My comments became condescending because you pmed me using abusive language.

I called you those things because that is how you portray yourself. I would have refrained from the blunt truth but you descended into insulting behaviour, so I became blunter.

You are a child, grow up!

Edited by carlt

Have you tried a USB extension cable? Those dongles don't like steel boats. Hang the dongle out the window in a plastic bag.

Edit: Just don't do it on the towpath side or some chav will have it!

I have a 3 mt. lead and in some places I moor I hang the dongle on the TV aerial mast to get a signal

Well the only other forum member, who has threatened me with violence, is a racist, who advocated shooting immigrants.

Nice company, you're keeping.

My comments became condescending because you pmed me using abusive language.

I called you those things because that is how you portray yourself.OH SO THAT MAKES IT OK THEN I would have refrained from the blunt truth but you descended into insulting behaviour, so I became blunter.

You are a child, grow up!

Oh now im a child.

So I portray myself as thick,stupid,silly, and you think its ok to revel in that and judge someone?

So if I was disabled you would make a point of it because thats how I portray myself ?

I dont keep company with anyone who you have suggested, off you go throwing insulting judgements around again.

Think back to the last thread you started by being condescending.

Take a good look at yourself and take responsibility for your words don't make excuses that pathetic.

Its clear as day someone has degraded you for a long time .

Oh dear bless him.

Edited by mrbeats

I have never had to put the tmobile outside, but the 3 dongle had to either be taped to a window or outside. Streaming video on 3 was, ... well it just wouldnt. The best connection is to hack someones WEP key on their wireless (i dont do it though honest).

Different note... going back to electromagnetic waves and compression waves (much better than marmite and i know it was in a different thread) check out "singing tesla coils" on youtube. Its an awe inspiring combination of both

:lol:

Edited by Pretty Funked Up

How do you find that?

Does it make a great deal of difference?

A very long USB cable. I've never had to resort to quite that extreem, but until I upgraded to the new style Vodafone Dongle (smaller and slimmer) I had to hang mine near a window most of the time. With the current one I can sit with it plugged in directly.

Are you threatening me?

That's whinging.

I have to agree with Carl, if the terms & conditions aren't fair then don't sign up to the package. If you didn't realise that the terms & conditions were unfair when you signed up then it's ok to moan, but really you should be moaning about your own lack of judgement.

If on the other hand the terms & conditions are not only unfair but fall foul of the law, then they can be legally challenged.

Edited by blackrose

I strongly recommend that you dont extent you usb cable over a max 2metres. The volatges involved dont like travelling far and those dongle draw too much for just 1 usb most of the time. The new dongles (small - 1 usb port) are improved for reception and power consumption but i havent had 1 yet so cant comment.

So a 5 metre USB cable would be useless?