Mearsham Boats or Tony Gallimore

Biggles

Featured Posts

Hello All

I am trying to find out a bit about either of the above. I once saw a shell by Tony a couple of years ago but now I am interested in taking it further I am drawing a blank.

Can anyone shed some light on their whereabouts or contacts.

The shell I saw was a chined wide beam about 70' long and was at the Beal Park IWA.

Biggles

Try a search "gallimore".

You'll find this recent thread: Clicky.

It's a thread you started...Couldn't you just have bumped it, if it hadn'tanswered your question?

There are also 6 other threads, on the search, detailing the demise and how it affected boaters.

Edited by carlt

Hi

I know I did, but I am still looking for the answer, I didn't know I could "bump" a post.

I am not chasing the guy down and he owes me nothing, what I am trying to do is see if that shell ever found a home, or is sitting rusting somewhere?

Biggles

Hello All

I am trying to find out a bit about either of the above. I once saw a shell by Tony a couple of years ago but now I am interested in taking it further I am drawing a blank.

Can anyone shed some light on their whereabouts or contacts.

The shell I saw was a chined wide beam about 70' long and was at the Beal Park IWA.

Biggles

Not that this may be of any help but I believe it was Measham Boats not Mearsham

Carlt No problem. Yes I did and have re read the other thread, but this new thread has produced new information which I will endeavour to follow up thanks canalcruiser any chance of a sneaky photo of that shell PM me if you can for my email.

Biggles

• 11 months later...
Hi

I know I did, but I am still looking for the answer, I didn't know I could "bump" a post.

I am not chasing the guy down and he owes me nothing, what I am trying to do is see if that shell ever found a home, or is sitting rusting somewhere?

Biggles

Hi Biggles, we have one of his "shells", that he did not finish for us. He is not to be trusted I suggest you find another builder but I do know where he is and he has cost us nearly £200,000!

It was indeed Measham Boats, named after a village on the Ashby Canal three miles from where I grew up, though in fact I believe their works were at nearby Appleby Magna. They took great pride in the quality of their steelwork. It was run by Tony and a chap called John, pleasant chaps, I occasionally met them in The Globe Inn at Snarestone. The story which I heard about their demise was that a member of one of their families confused the company's money with their own, but that is only hearsay.

Tony took over the Boot Wharf premises in Nuneaton after Harry The Stretcher retired, I believe.

Edited by Athy

The Maisibert has a Measham hull and we are totally pleased with it, I think I said before in another thread was that Tony and his crew were/are good boat builders but as a business man he could learn a thing or to.

Regards

Andy

Edited by andy the hammer