timer advice please

Featured Posts

hi all

im after a timer for my webasto water heater ,its not as easy as buying a webasto item and plugging it into unit ,firstly there is no where to plug it in or do they have to be connected into wiring( not to sure ).secondly they can be silly money.

i have been told danfoss have a programmable timer that is battery powered ,is there other units any of you guys can reccomend ,all i want is it to be able switch on in the mornin for when other half gets up for work not to be too complicated and be powered by battery or 12v,and to be able turn on and off when needed .

many thanks

The timer on mine (standard webasto one meant for a car dash) is connected to the wiring loom by three wires, but I can't remember colours! I'm waiting for someone to send me a danfoss one like you mentioned to replace it, i think it's a case of only using 2 of the 3 wires. My parents have a similar setup so i'll have a look when i'm there next if no one else has replied. Also I might have a photo that shows the wires on my boiler.

Rick

If your not after a special timer for the application, I fitted heating to my old house last year, and the timer runs of a 1.5v battery and the output relay is powered by the 1.5v battery, its has 3 contacts as a changeover, so the thing works stand alone without an external power source, and has all the usual heating timer functions like you'd expect, I thought at the time this'd be good for the tub as a heating timer.

I think its a drayton tempest.

Edited by dr pepper

Hi

I bought one of these a short while back for the dreaded eber and it's spot on. http://www.skinflinters.com/timers.htm

Easy to wire up as well.

If you're not sure of the wiring the guys name is Mark and he's very user friendly ie I can wire up a plug and that's it.

Bought a project box from CEF for about a fiver, cut a hole in the front - sorted.

If it's a ThermoTop C there should be a separate loom for the timer. All this from memory and I'm sure someone will be along to confirm or deny....

The loom comprises a red +12V feed, a ground, a brown switched feed - this is where you connect the output from your own timer - and a looped black I think. Incidentally, if you break this loop and install a switch, setting the switch to 'off' restricts the heater run time to one hour.

hi all

im after a timer for my webasto water heater ,its not as easy as buying a webasto item and plugging it into unit ,firstly there is no where to plug it in or do they have to be connected into wiring( not to sure ).secondly they can be silly money.

i have been told danfoss have a programmable timer that is battery powered ,is there other units any of you guys can reccomend ,all i want is it to be able switch on in the mornin for when other half gets up for work not to be too complicated and be powered by battery or 12v,and to be able turn on and off when needed .

many thanks

Have a look on Ebay. There seems to be selection for webasto and eberspacher (they will both work)

Alex

Hi

I bought one of these a short while back for the dreaded eber and it's spot on. http://www.skinflinters.com/timers.htm

Easy to wire up as well.

If you're not sure of the wiring the guys name is Mark and he's very user friendly ie I can wire up a plug and that's it.

Bought a project box from CEF for about a fiver, cut a hole in the front - sorted.

ive just been watchin one of those on fleabay ,its good that its easy to wire in aswell as my electrical skills are somewhat limited also.right that be the one il go for then thanks for the info

vince

ive just been watchin one of those on fleabay ,its good that its easy to wire in aswell as my electrical skills are somewhat limited also.right that be the one il go for then thanks for the info

vince

If it's the same timer pm me your email address and I'll send you the wiring sketch that they sent to me.

It's so easy even I could follow it.

Mike

the 'centaurstat' from Screwfix seems to run on 3 AA batteries and has a lot of options for timer programming.

might need mains as well but they don't mention it

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/12157/Plumbi...t&source=aw

The problem with this unit is in it's name. Timers are fine with these small boat boilers (min run time 1 hour). Thermostats are not.