NB Bix

Orca

Featured Posts

43 minutes ago, Squirrelyt said:

.. I've always worked off the basis she's Harborough Marine but the Fernie Fab comment above has me questioning 

Weren't the companies connected? Fernie, Harborough Marine and Springer were all, I think, based in Market Harborough and sometimes took on work for each other.

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

Weren't the companies connected? Fernie, Harborough Marine and Springer were all, I think, based in Market Harborough and sometimes took on work for each other.

I honestly have no idea...I hadn't heard of Fernie before today but according to Google they were at the very least nearby, if not sharing some of the work.

I saw another thread earlier when trying to find some information on Fernie and apparently having 2 gas lockers at the stern isn't standard for Market Harborough boats.

But that was just one comment thread and it's all new to me.

Either way it's a full length bilge and made out of   ̶r̶i̶z̶l̶a̶ ̶̶p̶a̶p̶e̶r. 6mm steel which is all that concerns me (emphasis on 'concerns' )

Edited by Squirrelyt

29 minutes ago, Squirrelyt said:

Bix is a Fernie for sure then!

I've got the triangular handrail supports and am currently looking into getting all of the rubbing strakes redone because they were tack welded and have pinged off the hull in some places 

You will have to budget for replating from the existing overplating below, to at least 2" above the rubbing strakes, for the whole 70 foot of the boats length, plus the new rubbing strakes. The steel will be rotten through in its entire length. Not a cheap job.