Self pump out kit (240v)

woodowl

Featured Posts

Hello

Has any one got or tried out a Jabsco Utility 80 self pump out which is 240volts.

What we would like to know is will the motor start, by using the power supply on the boat which is travel power 3.5 and victron 2.2 charger inverter.

Thanks Chris

Hello

Has any one got or tried out a Jabsco Utility 80 self pump out which is 240volts.

What we would like to know is will the motor start, by using the power supply on the boat which is travel power 3.5 and victron 2.2 charger inverter.

Thanks Chris

Hopefully it will only start if you're pumping into an elsan point where that's permitted :lol:

A self-pump out question on your first post... you're a brave man!

Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully it will only start if you're pumping into an elsan point where that's permitted :lol:

A self-pump out question on your first post... you're a brave man!

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to talk about **it but with 4 macerator toilets and large tank on board and some blockages you get use to it.

what we are concern about will our electrical system be ok to run it,

on the data sheet the motor draws 4.4 amps but is there a way to work out the starting amps.

Of course we would only pump out where available.

We would also like to say what a good forum you have been a great help with other information we found keep it up :lol:

Thanks Chris

Hello

Thanks Chris

Hopefully it will never work.

If you can't afford a pump out may I suggest you buy a cassette toilet.

The sooner these discusting things are banned the better (think about the tenth time I have said this on the forum lol)

Don't listen to the above. I suggest they have never had a self pump out. We use a 12v system and it is fine. No problems at all.

Sue

Nope, never had one. I've sat waiting for half an hour waiting to empty my cassette, enduring the stench of someone else's sh*t, though.

Also went into the elsan dump at Cropredy, after a boat self p-oed and walked away again because they'd managed to flood the place, with their excrement, spraying the walls in the process, leaving it for someone else to clear up.

Lovely!

Hello

Thanks Chris

Probably not we had one that wouldn't but it might be different pump now.

We use 12v pumps installed on the boat to pump out rather than having them external.

Don't listen to the above. I suggest they have never had a self pump out. We use a 12v system and it is fine. No problems at all.

Sue

Next time I see a boat pumping into the canal as I did last winter I will stop and ask him if he is using 12v or 240v

As I said before if you can't afford a pump out buy a cassette toilet.

Had 240v self pump out, no longer use it - the problem was with getting sufficient current to start the motor, once started all was OK but starting proved to be so unreliable that felt we were better off without it

Not been a boater but stating the obvious from having some moorings on a river and observing the boat life rituals, it wasn't at all uncommon to see boaters emptying cassettes over the side on a dark night.

They didn't know the security cameras worked in the dark which was quite amusing.

Not been a boater but stating the obvious from having some moorings on a river and observing the boat life rituals, it wasn't at all uncommon to see boaters emptying cassettes over the side on a dark night.

I would use the "two wrongs don't make a right" argument, in this case.

My objection to self pump-out is not their illegal use, though.

Legitimate use of self pump-out equipment is inconvenient, for other boaters, and anti-social to the point of offensiveness.

Hello

So many comments,

With us been a hotelboat with 4 guests and 2 crew on board cassette toilets would not be very good.

its' not about not affording to pay for pump out we use boat yards or bw card pump out what ever is available.

Where there is no pump out we have to use our 12 volt self pump out.

The problem is due to the large tank the pump is to slow there for holding up every one which we woudn't do.

Thanks Chris

Hello

So many comments,

With us been a hotelboat with 4 guests and 2 crew on board cassette toilets would not be very good.

its' not about not affording to pay for pump out we use boat yards or bw card pump out what ever is available.

Where there is no pump out we have to use our 12 volt self pump out.

The problem is due to the large tank the pump is to slow there for holding up every one which we woudn't do.

Thanks Chris

Sorry Chris don't buy into that one........sounds like bad planning to me no shortage of boat yards with pumpout facilities!!

I'm just curious why 6 people aboard a boat with 4 toilets should produce any more effluent in total than 6 people aboard a boat with one toilet ?

Are you sure you are not wining and dining your guests too much ?

Sorry Chris don't buy into that one........sounds like bad planning to me no shortage of boat yards with pumpout facilities!!

Yes we know there's plenty of boat yards. but having self pump out helps when there is not.

Thanks chris

Yes we know there's plenty of boat yards. but having self pump out helps when there is not.

Thanks chris

Chris I know I come for the point of view that self pumpouts should be banned so I am going to argue your point.....have just looked at your 2008 schedule and can see no reason for need of self pump out, maybe you should just admit it is more to do with the fact that you don't want to pay for pumpout than all this no pumpouts available.

I'm just curious why 6 people aboard a boat with 4 toilets should produce any more effluent in total than 6 people aboard a boat with one toilet ?

Are you sure you are not wining and dining your guests too much ?

We Must be. o no a bigger tank :lol:

Thanks chris

Chris I know I come for the point of view that self pumpouts should be banned so I am going to argue your point.....have just looked at your 2008 schedule and can see no reason for need of self pump out, maybe you should just admit it is more to do with the fact that you don't want to pay for pumpout than all this no pumpouts available.

Hello

We have to disagree with you.

We don't want to argue just an option to pump out in more places. ie Whaley Bridge.

and also if there pumpout is broken. new guests empty tank.

The money we spent on our kit adds up to a lot of boadyard pumpouts.

So NO it's not about saving money.

Thanks chris

We have a 12v pump out pump supplied to us by Garry – very pleased with it, it works a treat. We also have a manual one that we keep in case the 12v one ever breaks. We bought the manual one first but found it slow going and hard work.

We can afford to pay to get pumped out at a marina (sometimes we have no option but to pay someone to do it for us if there are no self-pump out sanitary stations in the area) but given the option of someone doing the pump out for us for £15-£18 or spend 5 minutes doing it ourselves (yes, it really is that quick with a good pump) and buying 3 - 4 bottles of wine with the money saved – well, there is no competition.

I can not think of one occasion when we have held anyone up at a sanitary station as we are early risers and tend to pump out first thing in the morning (07:00 ish).

Hi all,

My installed a self pump out system (home made) on my last boat which I used on a number of occasions.

I never knowingly held anyone up

I never discharged into the cut

I never caused a spillage

I was entirely motivated to self pump out by the desire to save money.

Please do not fall into the trap of calling for a ban on this activity because of some irresponsible individuals,

it is a lazy way of solving a problem, used all too often.

My new boat (just finishing the fit out) is also equiped with self pump out facility!

Rob

The unreliability of paid for pump outs is the reason we bought our pump out kit. A quick suck out and a splash of blue for £15 or more and being left with a dirty toilet tank is just not on.

I realise some boaters make a mess but then some boaters leave canal banks looking like a tip.

Hiya Chris,

We have a Jabsco Utility 80 240v pump for pump out. I actuallly ran it the other day without our shore power plugged in (not on purpose) and no engine or genny running and it worked just fine.

Am very pleased with this unit, quiet and very powerful - empties a full 97 gallon tank in less than 10 mins and through 20-30 metres of layflat hose on the output side; no problem.

Just remember to suck a load of fresh water through after your pumpage to minimise nasty niffs before you stow it.

Nic

The unreliability of paid for pump outs is the reason we bought our pump out kit. A quick suck out and a splash of blue for £15 or more and being left with a dirty toilet tank is just not on.

I realise some boaters make a mess but then some boaters leave canal banks looking like a tip.

Wow can't think of anything worse than a dirty toilet tank!!!!

Can't undertand the comparison between canal banks being untidy and the discusting mess left by self pumpout when I come to use the elsan that were designed for cassette toilets. I have been told by BW that they are looking at banning these at all Elsans.