Flying Fish??

AMModels

Featured Posts

Anyone seen this in todays news? I think but hope it isnt Minnow owned by 'Blossom' anyone around Stretton who can pass on any details?

falling fish

That has to be every boater's worst nightmare............makes you wonder how far it fell.

A bystander said "one end in the trees" can that be right? Must have been Oak...

I remember seeing a widebeam dropped from a low height on an episode of waterworld but from the eye witnesses it seems like this boat dropped into a tree at some point...thats some drop, a free repair/restoration would be my minimum requirements right now.

I'm pretty sure it is Minnow.

Yes it looks like it, with the extened engine room and fore cabin.

If look at the photo's of Dove being craned in, the crane actually travels with the boat suspended. Frightened me to death.

Andrew

It's the Plover which is normally based at the yard and I borrowed a couple of Easters ago for a very snowy trip. It is owned buy Iain and Clair who are very good friends of Keith Ball the yard owner - or at least they were!

Paul H

Every craner's worst nightmare too. We were based at Stretton with Warrior for over a year and saw Keith lift dozens of boats; he was always incredibly careful and thorough.

Yes he is - and always has been . This is an unfortunate accident that could have severe implications - so I think we should all wait and see rather than leap to conclusions now. The boat will certainly not have "broken it`s back" and with luck may not be badly damaged. In a day or two it will be said to have fallen from a bleedin` helicopter if we`re not careful .

Cheers

Phil

My comments were based on the newspaper report and were tongue in cheek. I think the tree was likely to be a bush somewhere along the line but dropping into a bush isnt the same as dropping into a tree and having the boat on a 45degree angle.

Thanks Phil. I don't usually have time to get onto the boat lists (too busy with my goat lists!) and didn't realise I hadn't posted any info to this one until this morning.

Plover will be fine. Both ends, cabin/engine are undamaged. Work is already underway on her hull where two of her vertical butt seams gave way. She will be returned to her owners good as new. Contrary to newspaper reports she did not end up in a tree! No trees anywhere near where Keith cranes the boats. Remarkable how a reporter turned up within minutes.

Many thanks to those who have posted messages of support. Times like this you find out who your friends are.

Cheers,

Christine.

quote name='Phil Speight' date='May 30 2008, 03:39 PM' post='237459']

Yes he is - and always has been . This is an unfortunate accident that could have severe implications - so I think we should all wait and see rather than leap to conclusions now. The boat will certainly not have "broken it`s back" and with luck may not be badly damaged. In a day or two it will be said to have fallen from a bleedin` helicopter if we`re not careful .

Cheers

Phil

Thanks Phil. I don't usually have time to get onto the boat lists (too busy with my goat lists!) and didn't realise I hadn't posted any info to this one until this morning.

Plover will be fine. Both ends, cabin/engine are undamaged. Work is already underway on her hull where two of her vertical butt seams gave way. She will be returned to her owners good as new. Contrary to newspaper reports she did not end up in a tree! No trees anywhere near where Keith cranes the boats. Remarkable how a reporter turned up within minutes.

Many thanks to those who have posted messages of support. Times like this you find out who your friends are.

Cheers,

Christine.

quote name='Phil Speight' date='May 30 2008, 03:39 PM' post='237459']

Cheers

Phil

Thanks for posting and letting us know Christine, you do realise youve spoilt a perfectly good story by not dropping her in a tree??

As always, the press will say anything for a story.

They always justify their actions by saying "the public have a right to know". What I wonder is - do the public want to know.

It doesn't matter who is slandered or hurt, or whose business is destroyed, they'll print / say it.

And yet the government are still in power..........................