A live mouse in our bed!

NB Alnwick

Featured Posts

We had to spend most of yesterday away from the boat which meant leaving 'GC' the cat on his own. He obviously thought that he had offended us in some way so at 6:00 am this morning he popped ashore and brought us back a live mouse to play with! As we were sleeping, he buried the mouse under the duvet before waking us to appreciate his generous gift! Jane's reaction might not have been quite as appreciative as he expected but within a few minutes the un-harmed mouse had been placed safely ashore and the cat was enjoying his breakfast pouch and biscuits, while we enjoyed a early coffee . . .

Not the best way of being awakened but then he always finds human behavior difficult to fathom!

Picture me, one morning a few years ago, harrassed mum making breakfasts, packed lunches etc. Notice cat looking intently under the fridge and idly wonder why. Scratch mysterious itch on back of leg. Serve breakfast. Wonder what cat is so excited about. Scratch mysterious tickle on front of thigh. Make own breakfast, Go to sit down. Think what's that lump I'm about to sit on, I haven'y got a tissue stuffed in my pocket OH MY GOD THERE'S A MOUSE IN MY JEANS AND I NEARLY SAT ON IT. A veil is best drawn over the next bit, suffice to say I had my DMs on which required frantic unlacing before I could go and run around semi-naked outside shaking my jeans. But at least I priovided a refuge for the little sharp-clawed creature, which escaped unscathed by either me or cat (that time at least). I think one in your bed is getting off lightly.

Picture me, one morning a few years ago, harrassed mum making breakfasts, packed lunches etc. Notice cat looking intently under the fridge and idly wonder why. Scratch mysterious itch on back of leg. Serve breakfast. Wonder what cat is so excited about. Scratch mysterious tickle on front of thigh. Make own breakfast, Go to sit down. Think what's that lump I'm about to sit on, I haven'y got a tissue stuffed in my pocket OH MY GOD THERE'S A MOUSE IN MY JEANS AND I NEARLY SAT ON IT. A veil is best drawn over the next bit, suffice to say I had my DMs on which required frantic unlacing before I could go and run around semi-naked outside shaking my jeans. But at least I priovided a refuge for the little sharp-clawed creature, which escaped unscathed by either me or cat (that time at least). I think one in your bed is getting off lightly.

:wub::):(

We had to spend most of yesterday away from the boat which meant leaving 'GC' the cat on his own. He obviously thought that he had offended us in some way so at 6:00 am this morning he popped ashore and brought us back a live mouse to play with! As we were sleeping, he buried the mouse under the duvet before waking us to appreciate his generous gift! Jane's reaction might not have been quite as appreciative as he expected but within a few minutes the un-harmed mouse had been placed safely ashore and the cat was enjoying his breakfast pouch and biscuits, while we enjoyed a early coffee . . .

Not the best way of being awakened but then he always finds human behavior difficult to fathom!

Now I've brought you your breakfast how about getting mine! He said, the big ginger cat.

The time of year is rapidly approaching when one of our Siamese likes to express her appreciation for our hospitality by bringing in presents of sloworms. The worst occasion was when swmbo awoke to find one basking in the sun shining on the floor of the bedroom.

She is absolutely terrified of snakes 3.gif - and putting forward the (valid) argument that sloworms are not snakes doesn't seem to help :(:wub:

Mike

Is that the kind of morning alarm call I can look forward to then?

I could tell the sad story of the little girl next doors missing Guinea pig that after a week long emotional search to no avail my old Ginger Tom found for her and presented to me one morning.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to resurrect it enough to return it even after two days intensive care so I did the honourable thing. (And I didn't let on! :wub: )

Could be by now - I've been concerned for some time that the little b*stards are taking over. :D

This one didn't look little to me! I thought it was a plant at first - I must get my eyes tested again......

I know someone who was once presented with a live 8" goldfish on their pillow in a similar fashion.

David

My two cats who are both under a year old somehow keep bringing in live rabbits, Ive found two bunnies in the boat this week already!

I had a chap on a course whose cats brought a seagull into the kitchen through the catflap. You can imagine how an upset seagull confined in a kitchen would behave for yourselves.

Richard