New canal boat organisation

Lol

Featured Posts

is it not time we all stood together, the owners of modern gadget ridden shiny boats

we could compare notes on plasma vs LCD or the best coffee/capucino perculators for boats, or Stainless Vs Chrome or which polish to get the outside mirror like.........

come on lets do it the Shiny Boat Owners Club

you know it makes sense, its the future :huh:

is it not time we all stood together, the owners of modern gadget ridden shiny boats

we could compare notes on plasma vs LCD or the best coffee/capucino perculators for boats, or Stainless Vs Chrome or which polish to get the outside mirror like.........

come on lets do it the Shiny Boat Owners Club

you know it makes sense, its the future :huh:

Well on my wooden workboat I favoured LCD, I've got around 30 coffee makers but would go Cona everytime, for the perfect cup. Stainless is fine but I like chrome on my car bumpers.

Owning an old boat doesn't stop you owning gadgets. It just gives you a nicer box to wrap round your goodies.

Well on my wooden workboat I favoured LCD, I've got around 30 coffee makers but would go Cona everytime, for the perfect cup. Stainless is fine but I like chrome on my car bumpers.

Owning an old boat doesn't stop you owning gadgets. It just gives you a nicer box to wrap round your goodies.

geez, what does it take on here to illicit a good natured thread?

"box" being the operative word

Hi

You can tell by my posts that I'm a member of the Newly Owned Boat Society.

Our boat was designed by the Can't Read A Plan company from somwhere up norff and fitted out by Trent Waterways At Telford.

The engine is the Shire Horse Inter Transverse Edition by Perkins Rattle and Twitch ltd.

I've run out of lager and can't think of any more.........all ideas welcome.

Hi

You can tell by my posts that I'm a member of the Newly Owned Boat Society.

Our boat was designed by the Can't Read A Plan company from somwhere up norff and fitted out by Trent Waterways At Telford.

The engine is the Shire Horse Inter Transverse Edition by Perkins Rattle and Twitch ltd.

I've run out of lager and can't think of any more.........all ideas welcome.

Run out of booze and you dare to call your self a boater. I think not,

You'll get tarred and feathered mate.

a starting handle is the sign of the devil in SBOC

At least I'd look the part for SBOC

Current promotional offer is a free captains hat, and the jolly roger flag for all new members.

I'm still stuck on the hard, so you'll all have to come down to Bristow. ............. oh and we drink Zoider down this way. The Z-word.

Or should I be the founding member of BOTHA ? Boat on the hard association - no connection with Joburg I can assure you. :huh:

on the old tub i had lcd/dvd recorder/sky/ps2 and web and walk, washing machine and micrwave combination oven. In the wheelhouse i had Garmin GPS, Lowrance GPS Chartplotter, Cobra DSC VHF base radio, Furimo Radar, Cetrec Auto Pilot

On LE we have lcd in the saloon plus dvd recorder plus sky plus ps2 plus land line phone and proper broadband. In the 'stateroom we have an LCD dvd HD ready TV.

Washing machine in the galley, microwave, electric egg cooker, electric toaster, slow cooker and a box of matches........she is shiney thanks to a phill speight paint job but shes not new. She is much loved and brought us safely back to base from the Swan and Bottle yesterday with no hang ups at all.

The old tub was 70 yrs old and LE is 15 yrs old

Who needs a shiney new boat club

edited to add, and the brasses will be shiney when it stops raining

Edited by saltysplash