fresh water pump

bear

Featured Posts

hi

does anyone have an idea which is the most quite 12v water pump for water supply from tank

regards

bear

I looked at some Jabsco pumps at the London boat show recently and they were very quiet compared to my Shurflo. Not sure about which model but you could always ask them: http://www.jabscoshop.com/

http://www.jabscoshop.com/category.asp?ls=...E26BE&id=18

The thing is that noise output is only one performance criteria of a pump - I've no idea about flow rates, expected lifespan etc, but it's worth looking at these things too.

Edited by blackrose

I've a Jabsco and whilst it does make a bit of a noise, the 'action' that's preceeding the noise (doing the washing up, having a shower etc) generally covers the noise up.

On the whole my pump takes about, say, 15 seconds (if that) to 'complete' it's cycle to re-fill the accumlator after I turn a tap off. Any longer than that and I know that I need to think about filling the tank up again.

May I ask why you'ld like a quiet one? (Only as sometimes suble feedback like my pump's cycle are more 'useful' than looking an indicating light)

Edited by Chris J W

I've a Jabsco and whilst it does make a bit of a noise, the 'action' that's preceeding the noise (doing the washing up, having a shower etc) generally covers the noise up.

On the whole my pump takes about, say, 15 seconds (if that) to 'complete' it's cycle to fill the accumalor after I turn a tap off. Any longer than that and I know that I need to think about filling the tank up again.

May I ask why you'ld like a quiet one? (Only as sometimes suble feedbacks like my pump's cycle are more 'useful' than looking an indicating light)

Echoed my thoughts there.

Also gives me an escuse to critisize Swmbo for using too much water when in the bathroom

Yes, you wouldn't want a pump that you couldn't hear at all. Calorifiers can cool during the night reducing pressure in the hot pipes and activating the pump, but generally if there's no open tap the noise from the pump is your early warning that you might have a leak in the system.

Edited by blackrose

All very correct but the original post asked for the quietest pump, not a silent one.

There is no such thing as a silent pump, but since this thread is entitled 'Silence is Golden', I just thought I'd point out that when it comes to fresh water pumps you actually do want to be able to hear it.

It's not so much the pump that's noisy, it's the fact that it's usually bolted down onto a resonating board. Mount it on timber battens on rubber feet and it wil be much quieter, but not silent - ideal!

Ian

Indeed, acoustic isolation is the key. If the timber battens are stuck onto the floor with silicone or a PU sealant/adhesive that would be even better.

When I worked for an acoustics company the MD said to stop noise / vibration transmission by conduction, it was good to mount it on rubber feet on to a concrete block ( paving slab) which in turn was rubber mounted to the ground / floor / deck. It was also important to put in an "airtight" as possible box to attenuate noise transmission through the air. I guess ventilation could be incorporated but maybe not needed for a pump on intermittent duty cycles..

Nick