Stove Door Glass

onthecut

Featured Posts

I have just discovered that if you clobber the glass in the door of a Bubble stove with something sharp --- it breaks !!!! Is this ordinary glass that I can simply get cut, (it broke like ordinary glass) or is it a special heat resistant item that has to come from the makers ? Any info welcome.

Thanks, MIke.

It's tempered glass to be heat-proof, and it's a swine to cut down. Measure the hole it left and ask for a piece of glass the right size (minus a couple of mm). Any decent chandler should be able to get you the glass in question - and if you know the make and model of your burner so much the better.

Hope this helps

Hi Mike

I cracked my glass on my Hunter Hawk Multifuel last Monday.

It was only a crack, so i could still use the stove.

Bought a replacement off of Ebay and I fitted it on Friday!

Not bad eh?

Just have a look on the net, there are plenty of stores that sell replacements, not only Ebay!

Good luck

Nipper

The Glass on our squirrel was cracked when we moved aboard LE, If your down south then a good supplier of stove bits are Uxbridge Boat centre, we however got ours from Highline Yatching at Iver who also have a small but good selection of chandlery and will order what you need if not in stock

I have just discovered that if you clobber the glass in the door of a Bubble stove with something sharp --- it breaks !!!! Is this ordinary glass that I can simply get cut, (it broke like ordinary glass) or is it a special heat resistant item that has to come from the makers ? Any info welcome.

Thanks, MIke.

have a look at http://www.stove-glass.com/index.html

The Glass on our squirrel was cracked when we moved aboard LE, If your down south then a good supplier of stove bits are Uxbridge Boat centre, we however got ours from Highline Yatching at Iver who also have a small but good selection of chandlery and will order what you need if not in stock

And there's the place near Uxbridge Lock, too, the name of which escapes me ... Denham Marine Services? Got my Morso glass there for £10 and only £30 for the engineer chaps to install it (one of the nuts was so corroded it wasn't coming off - had to drill it out and in the end and have a new one fitted. They even gave the inside of the door a damn good clean, too.)

its heat proof glass you should be able from any one who sells solid fuel fires and cut it yourself if its to big

if you can find someware that does replacement glass for the parkray consort range of fires you can get 2 glasses out of one sheet that fit squirel`s

If you do have a cracked glass, be very careful using the stove - it may let out the gasses that should be sealed inside the stove.

Surely this will only happen if the flue is blocked. It is much more likely to let air in and thus make the stove less controllable.

Surely this will only happen if the flue is blocked. It is much more likely to let air in and thus make the stove less controllable.

True but if a fire 'gets low' then the exhaust gasses, not being hot, do not rise quickly and therefore do not 'draw' so well.

If a fire is burning well then there is less likely hood of gasses entering the room it is when fires are low that problems occur.

Very strange this!

There must be a conspiracy theory going round, because when we returned to NB Orkney last Friday, we, too found that the glass on the Squirrel had cracked diagonally across the corner adjacent to the lower hinge. The cheapest tempered fire glass that I could find was £12.00 including VAT!