Nene visitor licence

Featured Posts

I'm trying to understand the licence options for visitors.

Is it the case that I can buy a day or a week or a month or can you buy combinations?

I would actually like to be on the river for eight days but there's a big difference between a weekly licence and a monthly one as far as I can see.

I think you can buy a mix. I believe there is a limit on the total number of temporary licences you can buy in a 12 month period, and in any case 4 x 1 month licences costs more than an annual one.  Eight days is not very long to explore the Nene.  

You may find this helpful, it covers the Nene even though it is on the GOBA website. 

https://goba.org.uk/a-guide-for-visitors-to-the-east/ 

2 hours ago, DandV said:

4 days up and 4 days back is very compressed for a  delightful waterway.

Especially if it goes on SSA at any point 😲

• Greenie 1

We have been on the Nene before and are aware of it's delights. I'm also aware that it becomes more beautiful the further downstream you venture.

Unfortunately we are constrained by the journey to get to Gayton and other summer plans that our co-travellers already have in place. We are planning to go in July so hope there is a low risk of SSA.

If it is possible to buy two weeks back to back then we could possibly do longer days to get to and from Gayton which would give us more time on the river. At this stage I'm trying to weigh up our options.