Isuzu temp sensor

Featured Posts

Hi,

I have an Isuzu 4LC38 which only has an overtemperature switch fitted.

image.thumb.jpeg.c089f53e1588f4d98964f5927ed61d2a.jpeg

Does anyone know where I can fit an addtional temp sensor?

Also does anyone know what thread the switch is?

Thanks Dave

Are you asking about a temperature gauge SENDER? If so you can get (at a price) combined senders and overheat switch. Beta use them.

If not I am sure ASAP Supples or similar can supply a T piece to put both a switch and sender into the one hole. Sorry, i don't know the thread size.

Edited to add: here you go for a combined sender and switch https://vdo-webshop.nl/en/34-temperature-sensors

Edited by Tony Brooks

Rather depends on whether you have a currently non functioning gauge on the panel, or intend to fit a stand alone gauge.

A photo of the panel would be helpful.

The green/blue wire is for a gauge. (Some manufacturers only produce one wiring loom, and will have all the optional wires installed regardless.) 

Do you have the wiring diagrams?

IMG_0109.jpeg

IMG_0108.jpeg

IMG_0107.jpeg

IMG_0106.jpeg

Edited by Eeyore

Hi Eeyore,

I don't have a gauge on the panel, just a warning light and buzzer.

I was going to fit a standalone gauge next to the Morse control so that I can see it whilst steering.

Thanks Dave

10 minutes ago, davewally said:

Hi Eeyore,

I don't have a gauge on the panel, just a warning light and buzzer.

I was going to fit a standalone gauge next to the Morse control so that I can see it whilst steering.

Thanks Dave

Just make sure that it matches the sender you get, there are two standards and if you mismatch them the gauge will not read the correct temperature.

• Greenie 1

1/8 NPT is a common size but there are metric sizes (e.g M10). So unless someone can tell you or you can find out (see if you can find the part number for the existing switch and Google away) then I think you will have to take it out and measure the thread. 

You could buy a gauge and sender and then compare the known thread on the new sender with what you have. There are loads of adaptors and t pieces for the common sizes available for not too much money from flea Bay and similar sites. 

HTH

Non-blue and blue Isuzus have a BSPT thread for the oil and temperature sender. It's easiest to fit a combined sender/switch as Tony said, KUS do one for about £30 which is pretty reasonable. It is however only available in UNF, metric and NPT threads so you will need an adaptor. 

As far as I know, no Isuzus use NPT threads as they're more of a US thing. It's common for there to be a BSPT to NPT thread adaptor in there which allows fitting of a more common NPT threaded sender. Be careful though as NPT and BSPT threads are similar and an NPT male thread will appear to fit in a BSPT hole but it'll leak and might damage it...

Ebay is a good source for all sorts of adaptors to go from BSPT to various other threads, be patient whilst searching as there's so many options on there!