45th Easter Boat Gathering

Featured Posts

Posted (edited)

Easily a dozen in each of the basins, upper and lower. Lots dotted around, hard to estimate, maybe another dozen. The fuel boat Halsall kept very busy. Car parks full, loads of visitors. Very pleasant atmosphere, everyone friendly and enjoying the sunshine. 

Edited by nealeST
Typo
  • Greenie 1

52 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Ow many boats?? Looks like a good turnout.

Make the most of the weather, it goes downhill from end of tommorow.....another 10 days of rain.

There's been a seemingly infinite number passing us at the Cheshire Cat over the last few days :D we've seesawed from no neighbours to a whole gaggle of shiny neighbours a few times this week. It's been quite fun to watch.

Edited by Ewan123
  • Greenie 1

Looks to be a great gathering - some of those boats have come up from places very large distances to the South.

We have always hoped we might get our boat.s up there, if only for just one year.

We have never managed it, and our circumstances now make it quite unlikely we never will.

A shame, but we need to be realistic.

• Sad 1

I'm here for the first time. Everyone has been very welcoming, even as an interloper in the least historic narrowboat imaginable.

Met a lot of interesting people, seen all sorts of boats. The horse-boating demo was great.

The little model boats were nice too, especially when they tried to help the bigger ones out:

• Happy 2
  • Haha 1

On 01/04/2024 at 10:09, Francis Herne said:

I'm here for the first time. Everyone has been very welcoming, even as an interloper in the least historic narrowboat imaginable.

Met a lot of interesting people, seen all sorts of boats. The horse-boating demo was great.

The little model boats were nice too, especially when they tried to help the bigger ones out:

A few years ago I was winding SANDBACH after a tug of war in the top basin in front of the main entrance when I thought "she is coming round rather well".  I looked down the side to find two model tugs pushing my bows round!