Kuranda 87D stove advice

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

There are other small problems with the boat including a lithium battery but that's easily removed and sorted. The other bits such as fitting a washing machine are not much of a problem. He's going for a look at it. Trying to find a max 41 foot boat that's as big up to that size as possible is far from easy. He doesn't want a project and would have bought a new beetle but there is a waiting list. An air fryers will suffice as he has mains at the mooring but it's nice to have genuine feedback on the stove.

He needs to keep the Lithium battery it's a plus over old fashioned LAs especially if it's a good install 

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, peterboat said:

He needs to keep the Lithium battery it's a plus over old fashioned LAs especially if it's a good install 

He will keep it IF its a proper install?? Otherwise tried and tested for decades never let him down lead acid will go in. To be honest depending on boat use lithium is an expensive toy. His boat useage is plugged in to mains at mooring 24/7 so any battery works well and when out he cruises a few hours a day on jaunts that charges the lead acid anyway. Lithium is of course good for cmers for instance who dont have mains and dont move and a weight saving for many applications but for boats isnt a real problem. :)

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

He will keep it IF its a proper install?? Otherwise tried and tested for decades never let him down lead acid will go in. To be honest depending on boat use lithium is an expensive toy. His boat useage is plugged in to mains at mooring 24/7 so any battery works well and when out he cruises a few hours a day on jaunts that charges the lead acid anyway. Lithium is of course good for cmers for instance who dont have mains and dont move and a weight saving for many applications but for boats isnt a real problem. :)

If he is throwing away one of those hopelessly useless lithium batteries, can I have it please?!! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MtB said:

If he is throwing away one of those hopelessly useless lithium batteries, can I have it please?!! 

I will ask him, if he buys the boat. 

Just now, MtB said:

Thanks!

Its a GREAT boat. He definitely needs to buy it....

Lol, you tight sod, just buy a lithium battery using your extensive spare dosh!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Sorry Tim you are being a dinosaur again

1 hour ago, peterboat said:

Sorry Tim you are being a dinosaur again

I just don't fall for the line that if it's new it's better. Just look at music these days lol.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I just don't fall for the line that if it's new it's better. Just look at music these days lol.

LiFePO4 batteries are WAY better is some respects, and FAR worse than LA batteries in other respects.

You and Peter are very similar. Ridiculously extreme in your views on batteries but in opposing directions. 

Please consider carefully the removal of the lithium battery. That is probably the best way of supporting a decent inverter and using 240v cooking appliances. One can replace the energy much better in a shorter time than lead acid.

I am, in fact considering adding lithium to our set up  to be able to make more use of mains cooking equipment when traveling -We think it better to have a more resilient alternative system to the diesel cooker.

Please ask if you need more advice...

John & Kathy

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, MtB said:

LiFePO4 batteries are WAY better is some respects, and FAR worse than LA batteries in other respects.

You and Peter are very similar. Ridiculously extreme in your views on batteries but in opposing directions. 

That's because I have had no problems with mine Mike, they are reliable and long lasting easy to look after so what are the problems?