Stainless waste tank level sensor.

fudd

Featured Posts

Good afternoon. What are the best way to monitor tank levels in waste and water tanks. I’m looking at something that will be compatible with a Cerbo gx, if it’s possible. Thanks in advance. 

15 minutes ago, fudd said:

Good afternoon. What are the best way to monitor tank levels in waste and water tanks. I’m looking at something that will be compatible with a Cerbo gx, if it’s possible. Thanks in advance. 

Possibly two separate questions as a level monitor for a fresh water tank may not work for a waste tank and visa versa. Something like this could be put in the water outlet pipe from the tank to measure how much water you've used and decide when to top up. I have built home made water flow meters that works on a similar principle.

1 hour ago, fudd said:

What are the best way to monitor tank levels in waste and water tanks.

Mark one eyeball!

1 hour ago, fudd said:

I’m looking at something that will be compatible with a Cerbo gx, if it’s possible.

But a bit of development work on the interface is still needed!

I have water, effluent and diesel level gauges from MCS, link below. These are not directly compatible with the Cerbo GX because they are voltage senders so I had to use the GX Tank 140 to read them, they were whatthe boatfitter fitted. I have an LCD gauge on each and connected a negative to the GX Tank 140 and individual sense wires Teed off the LCDs. All works OK. I do not know about the resistance based sensors that work directly on the Cerbo GX.

https://www.mcsboatproducts.co.uk/our-products

Another option might be the Mopeka ultrasonic Bluetooth sensors, I think they now do a model that sits on the top of the tank and is now compatable with the Cerbo GX. I have the bottom fitted ones on my LPG cylinders.

image.png.783a3f764b788cba260bbf1c1e667b11.png

Edited by PeterF