Litherland CRT services moorings

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Nelly Mac said:

Hi - can someone confirm that the Litherland CRT moorings at the services (on the way into Liverpool on the L&L) is gated, and therefore secure as can be ?  Also what are the timescales for stopping there ?

thanks 

Yes. And 14 days 👍

• Happy 1

• 3 months later...

We came out of Liverpool today, and stayed at Litherland services overnight last week on the way in. Two out of the four boats that came out today also stopped there on the way out, but I can’t really see the point of doing that on the way out.

They are gated, and they are signed as 2 day moorings.  They are right next to a big Tesco with easy access into the store and work well for an overnight on the way into Liverpool.  There is rubbish, elsan, the worlds slowest water point, and I believe pumpout.

1 hour ago, Flying Fox said:

That answered my question as well. I take it this would be the best place to book the locks for the Liverpool Link👍

No the best place to book "the locks for the link" is the Crt website...  Once you have a booking (for the link which includes passage through the locks) you can work out when you need to be at Litherland. 

31 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

No the best place to book "the locks for the link" is the Crt website...  Once you have a booking (for the link which includes passage through the locks) you can work out when you need to be at Litherland. 

Quite, and note that you will get a text from CRT the evening before telling you what time to be at the top of a Stanley flight.  The skippers guide says 1:00pm to 2:30pm I think, but we had a text to be there at 11:00am as there was only one boat coming out.  As it happened we were the only boat going in, and we had all the six volunteers to out selves!  So be prepared for the timings to not be as published.

1 hour ago, john6767 said:

Two out of the four boats that came out today also stopped there on the way out, but I can’t really see the point of doing that on the way out

I can.  No CRT Elsan in Liverpool docks, and the Marina charge £20 an empty ...

Did they stop overnight or just for services and shopping?

8 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I can.  No CRT Elsan in Liverpool docks, and the Marina charge £20 an empty ...

Did they stop overnight or just for services and shopping?

I meant stopped there overnight, we did stop there briefly on the way out to use the elsan and nip into the shops.  It’s only and hour and a half from the Stanley flight to Litherland services.  The only rub in carrying on is that you need to get a wiggle on to get through Handcocks swing bridge before 2pm.  We were in the second pair of boats out of the docks and stopped at Litherland briefly as above and made it through Handcocks at 1:30.

its not the end of the world if you miss Hancock as it opens again at 6 I think.  there's just not much there and from memory it seemed a fair hike to any shops for a paper or pint of milk while you wait. 

11 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

its not the end of the world if you miss Hancock as it opens again at 6 I think.  there's just not much there and from memory it seemed a fair hike to any shops for a paper or pint of milk while you wait. 

Yes it opens again at 6, but if you just miss it at 2 then a 4 hour wait is a bit annoying 

• Happy 1

2 hours ago, john6767 said:

Yes it opens again at 6, but if you just miss it at 2 then a 4 hour wait is a bit annoying 

Don't rush then only 1 hr wait 😁

On 20/01/2024 at 17:23, Jon57 said:

Yes. And 14 days 👍

48 hrs. I cycle past most days…

23 hours ago, john6767 said:

We came out of Liverpool today, and stayed at Litherland services overnight last week on the way in. 

I will have seen you! It was almost deserted around 3pm today…I hope you enjoyed Liverpool!

Edited by nealeST