South Pennine Boat Club

Featured Posts

Having left my boat there a couple of times, I can confirm that it is all the OP claims (indeed he tried to persuade me to moor there a few years back, but I was quite happy with my mooring at the time).  However, it is a long way from the vast majority of the boatowners on this forum.

• 1 month later...
On 07/01/2024 at 00:44, Midnight said:

New members welcome short waiting list for non-residential moorings. Dry dock, sanitary station, diesel sales. Good social scene.

https://www.southpennineboatclub.co.uk/content/home-page

Having cruised past several times, I thought  would be a good place for me to moor as I live in Huddersfield.

However I was put off joining the club as I once moored up opposite and went across to have a look, but someone stopped me at the gate and refused to let me in even though I told him I was a boater.

I think I have mentioned this before, and as I don't know if this bloke had some position in the club, I carried on walking to the Pear Tree for a pint.

I will apply for membership.

• 1 month later...
On 05/03/2024 at 17:06, Mad Harold said:

Having cruised past several times, I thought  would be a good place for me to moor as I live in Huddersfield.

However I was put off joining the club as I once moored up opposite and went across to have a look, but someone stopped me at the gate and refused to let me in even though I told him I was a boater.

I think I have mentioned this before, and as I don't know if this bloke had some position in the club, I carried on walking to the Pear Tree for a pint.

I will apply for membership.

Sorry I just spotted this. First may I apologise, we do have a few in the Club who worry beyond belief about security. Your best option is to contact membership@southpennineboatclub.co.uk 
The current membership secretary, Linda, is very friendly and will invite you to call down and show you around. There's a bit of a process to join but the rewards are significant. Low-cost moorings, dry dock to die for, diesel at cost and a good social scene. The Club is self-sufficient so you will be expected to contribute to maintainance and administration. Hope this helps.