Large tile adhesive

ChrisL

Featured Posts

49 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

We are putting 2 large tiles behind our reflex stove

They must be flippin' massive! 

If you are using those trendy floor tiles that are about 30" square I'd suggest you don't bond them at all. Use mirror clips or similar to hold them in position.

I'm with MtB, fixing rather than adhesive and possibly a small airgap between the tile and the surface as they're going to get hot.

If you do glue would it onto wood?

K

17 minutes ago, kevinl said:

I'm with MtB, fixing rather than adhesive and possibly a small airgap between the tile and the surface as they're going to get hot.

If you do glue would it onto wood?

K

The Reflex is a convection stove so will not push out heat like a multi fuel stove so the rear tiles won’t get as hot as you think. 

I think the CT1 should do the job, I’m going to put a stainless angle plate at bottom/fixed behind the tile to support the tile weight 

34 minutes ago, MtB said:

They must be flippin' massive! 

If you are using those trendy floor tiles that are about 30" square I'd suggest you don't bond them at all. Use mirror clips or similar to hold them in position.

I’ll look into these with using CT1

30 inches square is paving slab not a tile, let know if it works. I have stainless steel round mine, safe but doesn't retain any residual heat overnight.

K

9 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I’ll look into these with using CT1

CT-1, Stixall, Sticks like Sh*t, etc. all available from Screwfix and Toolstation and all much of a muchness. Don't attempt to use it like tile adhesive all over the back of the slab. Just use blobs in the corners, halfway along the sides, in the centre, etc.

Edited by blackrose