water turned off

kookie

Featured Posts

We use 1000lts a week.

Yes, that's exactly the same amount that we use. Do some people not shower before going to bed and again when they get up in the morning? I always want to smell and feel fresh and clean for the woman who is going to ravish me each night.

Someone above suggested turning clothes inside out - yugh!!!! How the other half live :wacko:

Chris

Yes, that's exactly the same amount that we use. Do some people not shower before going to bed and again when they get up in the morning? I always want to smell and feel fresh and clean for the woman who is going to ravish me each night.Someone above suggested turning clothes inside out - yugh!!!! How the other half live :wacko: Chris
Thought you had been a student Chris!! You want to see how they all live at the uni where my daughter studies. The TV series "The Young Ones" has got nowt on those lot. They are tomorrows doctors, dentists, teachers, engineers blah blah. The mind boggles.
Yes, that's exactly the same amount that we use. Do some people not shower before going to bed and again when they get up in the morning? I always want to smell and feel fresh and clean for the woman who is going to ravish me each night.Someone above suggested turning clothes inside out - yugh!!!! How the other half live :lol: Chris
Thought you had been a student Chris!! You want to see how they all live at the uni where my daughter studies. The TV series "The Young Ones" has got nowt on those lot. They are tomorrows doctors, dentists, teachers, engineers blah blah. The mind boggles.

Doesn't everyone????

I remember when you had a bath on sunday eve because there was school/work on the monday. In some households the bathwater was shared. Showers twice a day will wear the skin out. How do you replace the natural oils?

Sue

I remember when you had a bath on sunday eve because there was school/work on the monday. In some households the bathwater was shared. Showers twice a day will wear the skin out. How do you replace the natural oils?

Sue

Bath? What is this crazy talk? We used to keep coal in our bath, except on Friday when we emptied it to bath the whippets. This was because they were raced on Saturday. We had a toilet in the yard and ate in the house. These days, we have the toilet in the house and eat outdoors. :wacko:

I obviously went to a different Uni than your daughter.

It's a bit like food. If I'm going to eat it, I want it to be clean. :wacko:

Chris

I obviously went to a different Uni than your daughter. It's a bit like food. If I'm going to eat it, I want it to be clean. :wacko: Chris
I can understand that. :lol:
If you wash before bed, you must wash off all those lovely pheromones that help make sex such a pleasure. I shower once a month whether I need it or not :lol:
It is exactly this sort of extravagance that leads to all the bloody water shortages that we must endure on this island. Shame on you.

The marina maintenence team have installed a demountable feed to make it easier for us. I think they must have had a giggle watching me try to wind up around a 100 metres of hose pipe. :wacko:

I know the feed might freeze up, but if we disconnect both ends, then hopefully any residuel water should drain out, and if not, we should be able to 'blast it through'.

To be fair, the staff at the marina have been really helpful, regarding this and other issues. I can't really fault them. They are also going to take a look at the boat and try and suss out the blocked vent, because I just can't find it. :lol:

How do you make 600 litres last 2 weeks? We have a 450 litre tank so, at the same rate, we should get 10 days use from it. In reality, we get 3 days and we are not liveaboards, nor do we have a washing machine. We use it simply for showers every day and washing up etc. How do you make it last 3 times longer???

Chris

You would be amazed actually Chris. Instead of washing up every time we use something (dishes etc), we simply do one lot instead. We don't generate a huge amount in the day anyway, as I am at work, and hubby and titch have a bowl each for brekkie, a plate each for lunch. Daughter has hers at school, I have mine at work.

Clothes are washed at the launderette, ironed and everything so that saves us washing, and then there is what we use either for cooking or drinking, and the little un has a bath shower so we fill the shower tray up and he baths in that, all of us have conservative use showers, and no not twice a day. Never have done. A shower, then a wash in the evening which is a small bowl full.

I could also cut that down as we have a shower at work as well if I wanted. You have to remember a lot of people fill pans far too full, or the kettle right up, always more than needed. Pans get filled to just above the veg etc with me, and kettle (gas one) gets filled to make three cuppas or five if we need a refil. You can a use a lot less than you think if you want to.

There are of course other times where we use more (more so in the summer).

I'm still amazed because 50% difference I could understand by one's being very parsimonious with water. But 300% - we must have "heavy water"! :wacko:

Chris

Maybe if she puts a peg on her nose, as well as shutting her eyes, you could spend less time in the shower before bed :lol: