Surveyor recommendations

Panatha

Featured Posts

Hi all,

Could anyone recommend a good surveyor in the Midlands, please? The person I used before has retired, and I would prefer to have recommendations before contacting a new one. I don't need a full hull survey, just some advice on one or two points. One of the issues I would like advice on is internal staining from condensation. It's steadily getting worse (arising from some shoddy work when the cabin was re-fitted), and I would like an opinion on whether it is purely cosmetic, or whether it's symptomatic of something that will be a problem long term. I hope someone can help.

Many thanks,

Dave

I d suggest the condensation of water on cold surfaces is caused by breathing,cooking,and fuel burning heating inside the cold  hull.......forced ventilation is one solution.....if you have mains power ,then air conditioning will remove the water content of the air ,and drain it away,without pulling in cold air from outside..

Ricky Tropman did my first Survey for me a couple of months ago (boat failed on thin hull so I’m still looking) … he’ll definitely be my first choice for future surveys too … lovely fella and he was happy for me to attend the dry dock after the survey and thoroughly explain his findings … also really good at responding to emails throughout and afterwards answering my endless questions … good luck

https://www.nationwideboatsurveys.co.uk/

13 hours ago, john.k said:

I d suggest the condensation of water on cold surfaces is caused by breathing,cooking,and fuel burning heating inside the cold  hull.......forced ventilation is one solution.....if you have mains power ,then air conditioning will remove the water content of the air ,and drain it away,without pulling in cold air from outside..

You don't need air conditioning, only a dehumidifier, they cost peanuts to run, and a desiccant one will pull water out of the air on a cold boat.

• Greenie 1