How Many Hire Boats?

magpie patrick

Featured Posts

18 hours ago, dmr said:

I think there were a lot less hire boats out this summer, and I noticed a significant part of some hire fleets tied up at their base, I also saw some adverts for 50% price reductions. However I think it got busier later in the year. I heard a good theory that hire boating has got just too expensive for family holidays in the summer, its cheaper to fly somewhere hot, but more people without school age children are now hiring out of season.

I think the boat hire businesses got greedy during the pandemic. They pushed up their prices to take advantage of people being unable to holiday abroad. Now things are back to "normal", they have not reduced their prices accordingly. 

Then there are the other types of boat you see around Brindley Place in Birmingham, the Go Boats, that fill up the basin by the Sea Life Centre and take the mooring space once used by the cycle hire narrow boat. Are these on the increase and may be are included in Beer to the power of five's comments about wasps- or should it be mosquitos?