Chinese diesel heaters

Swanky pirate

Featured Posts

A search will find lots of discussion on these. I assume you mean BSS, as in Boat Safety Scheme, not British Small Arms BSA, though they may have a take on these perhaps?

Short answer. Ditch the supplied exhaust, as it will not satisfy the boat safety people and fit a marine one. They are not so against the supplied diesel tank, or small bore plastic piping as they once were, but personally, I'd ditch both those as well and use copper brake pipe instead.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Swanky pirate said:

Ok thanks the boat near me changed all that will be looking into getting one 

Are they available again then?

Last I heard, was Trading Standards were seizing them all at the point of import as the exhausts supplied are so dangerous and the installation instructions so inadequate.

I've had one for 7 years now, only for summer use, not 24-7 during the winter months and it's always started first time and produced loads of heat without issue.

Best to get an appropriately sized one and run it at 3/4 or more output to stop it from sooting up. If you do run it at low output, push it up to full power for the last 10 minutes of operation before powering it down to burn off any accumulated soot.

It used to be said that buying an entire heater costs less than just servicing an Eberspacher!