Impromptu haircut

robtheplod

Featured Posts

43 minutes ago, cuthound said:

The response I got was that they own the concrete piling and are responsible for its maintenance but I have to allow them access to the metre of my garden adjacent to the canal.

That metre may be (nominally) the difference between the original canal edge and the piling which was added later.

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

That metre may be (nominally) the difference between the original canal edge and the piling which was added later.

Possibly, however I am told that the concrete piling is around 80 years old.

15 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Don't trees break Fibre Optics. The did survey and trim the trees with a line of site between poles before stringing them up, but no maintenance. One up from me now hang between the first and third pole, the fixing on the second being snapped off by trees.

Yes trees do break fibre but that's my experience of BT they wait until its faulted until they respond, we get regular complaints about our trees and the BT network but because BT are so keen to charge us if we damage their lines we don't prune for the BT network, their lines their problem 

On 14/07/2023 at 16:29, David Mack said:

No they don't. It varies from one canal to another where the offside boundary is, but in many cases it is at the water's edge. Indeed, in a number of areas bank erosion has resulted in the canal getting wider, and in such areas landowners may technically be able to require CRT to reinstate their land to the original boundary.

Would bankrupt CaRT is applied to Aire and Calder. How do you think it got to the size it is?