Attempt to evict the Lama Lady

Tiller Slave

Featured Posts

Chris,

do you eat the squirrels you shoot? I tastes squirrel for the first time a year ago, and i rather liked it. - not much meat on it mind.

Some years ago when the kids were younger, my wife served a (home made) squirrel pie as one of the dishes at a birthday party. One of my kid's buddies absolutely loved it and asked what it was. Not wishing to alarm the kid (or his parents) my wife fibbed and said it was a "ham" pie.

Later that evening, the mother of the kid phoned up to say that her son had been raving about the "ham pie" and could she possibly have the recipe? ............................ :cheers:

Chris

Regardless of whether your actions are within the law, if they are reported as a noise nuisance, and the EH agrees and issues an order, then the noise must stop.

Many a person, who has perfectly legally, for many years kept chickens has been forced to get rid of their birds when a new neighbour complains of noise pollution.

Quite simple really, Chris.

But they wouldn't agree....................... unless one were shooting everyday for hours on end which of course one isn't.

Chris

But they wouldn't agree....................... unless one were shooting everyday for hours on end which of course one isn't.

Chris

Probably not, but would that change your opinion of the busybody sticking their nose in and reporting you? Because you can guarantee that, when they're snubbed by the EH, they'll become determined to get you on something.

Many a person, who has perfectly legally, for many years kept chickens has been forced to get rid of their birds when a new neighbour complains of noise pollution.
when i was a kid, we lived in a council terrace house, we had chickens for quite sometime at the end of the garden, until our next door neighbour complained to the council that he found them a nuisance so we had to get rid of them... Poor old Gregory Peck... (the cockerel)
They make a great stew though. Taste lovely if they've stuffed themselves full of acorns.
my girlfriends dad is going to keep any he shoots for me! - excellent stuff.
Later that evening, the mother of the kid phoned up to say that her son had been raving about the "ham pie" and could she possibly have the recipe?
I take it you told them it was a secret family recipe ?

I vote we move to summary judgement, evict the law flouting old hag ..... In fact render down the mad old Witch and her evil menagerie and make candles of them

Edited by tomsk

Not only will they lose the planning application they will also have to restore the land etc to its original use. That would mean dismantling everything and clearing it. Failure to do so would mean the council/owners would do the job and charge the plaintiffs for the costs involved. The decking etc on BW land would be at BW's hest.

I dont understand why people move to the countryside from a town and then have the gall to complain that it doesnt come up to their "sanitized" expectations.

A few years back I lived on the outskirts of a rural village in Kent. We had a bit of land and kept pigs, goats, geese, chickens, quail and a dovecote with white doves all of which helped to supplement our income. No problem until the house next door was purchased by a young couple from London and then all hell broke loose. I have no idea what they expected life to be in the country but it clearly was very different to my own. They did everything they could to close my business down. The RSPCA guy came round so many times that we ended up on first name terms. He would never tell me who had complained, they're not allowed to but it was self evident. Our livestock was kept in near perfect conditions and they were all healthy and happy beasts. Incidentally, pigs, given the opportunity are very fastidious creatures.

The couple eventually moved back to where they belonged and were happiest......my one abiding memory of them will always be the wife screaming at me that I was a monster.......my crime?......wringing the neck of a cockerel for Sunday lunch.

Getting back to the topic of this post. I would have objected to the antics of the"llama woman". Keeping livestock in the country is one thing, deliberately flaunting planning regs is another.

I once ran a YTS program that included the "Ringng of Cockrel's necks'" , the unnerving thing was that i hsd a never actually done the deed, before demonstrating the method to a dozen or so YTS trainees....stilll i pulled it off.

Edited by Ron

I once ran a YTS program that included the "Ringng of Cockrel's necks'" , the unnerving thing was that i hsd a never actually done the deed, before demonstrating the method to a dozen or so YTS trainees....stilll i pulled it off.

If you don't tug so hard, Ron, the head stays on.

I dont understand why people move to the countryside from a town and then have the gall to complain that it doesnt come up to their "sanitized" expectations.

A few years back I lived on the outskirts of a rural village in Kent. We had a bit of land and kept pigs, goats, geese, chickens, quail and a dovecote with white doves all of which helped to supplement our income. No problem until the house next door was purchased by a young couple from London and then all hell broke loose. I have no idea what they expected life to be in the country but it clearly was very different to my own. They did everything they could to close my business down. The RSPCA guy came round so many times that we ended up on first name terms. He would never tell me who had complained, they're not allowed to but it was self evident. Our livestock was kept in near perfect conditions and they were all healthy and happy beasts. Incidentally, pigs, given the opportunity are very fastidious creatures.

The couple eventually moved back to where they belonged and were happiest......my one abiding memory of them will always be the wife screaming at me that I was a monster.......my crime?......wringing the neck of a cockerel for Sunday lunch.

Getting back to the topic of this post. I would have objected to the antics of the"llama woman". Keeping livestock in the country is one thing, deliberately flaunting planning regs is another.

I liked the advert for Adopt a pig for a christmas present. You get to eat it after you have watched its progress.

Sue

:wub: The issue is to do with living on a boat.

The couple who own the boat ALSO own the land and have mooring permission from BW.

They farm the land successfully as a small holding of rare breeds and alpachas - which is expanding.

They need to live near their animals- which they do by living in their boat not the caravans which are used to store feed/ hay.

The council do not want a residential boat on the site- normally different planning rules apply if the land is for agricultural purposes and is actively farmed- you can then live near your livestock to look after it!

As far as i know they have not applied and do not need a house on the site. :D

Basing this purely on the link You gave, the ownership of a boat is neither here-nor-there. (Unless you have some more info?)

"Alan and Christine Lorentzen have appealed against a Warwick District Council ruling that they must remove the mooring for their houseboat, an area of raised decking and two caravans on a site they rent at Fosse Wharf."

They have permission to moor there, yes. But NOT to build the decking or place the caravans. That is the heart of the issue.

I don't think you'll find many here that don't think that raising the animals is A Good Thing, but they didn't apply for permission. As I said in an earlier post, there shouldn't be a reason that this couldn't be resolved if all keep a calm head.