Beta BD3 Rocker Box Gasket

Tonka

Featured Posts

Sleeman and Hawken want £207.45 ex VAT for a Rocker Box Gasket but are out of stock

Agriline want £11.63 for a rocker box gasket for a Ford 3910 engine which is what i think the BD3 is based on

I shall let you know how it compares when i get it

• Greenie 1

Is this a cork gasket like on the JD3 and also many old BMC engines?  If the one you get is not suitable then buy a sheet of rubberised cork on eBay and make your own.  Its surprisingly easy but if you want any hints and tips let me know.

21 minutes ago, dmr said:

Is this a cork gasket like on the JD3 and also many old BMC engines?  If the one you get is not suitable then buy a sheet of rubberised cork on eBay and make your own.  Its surprisingly easy but if you want any hints and tips let me know.

Cheers for that Dave. Probably not going to get fitted until October due to work, but I will bear it in mind

6 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Cheers for that Dave. Probably not going to get fitted until October due to work, but I will bear it in mind

Maybe buy a sheet of cork as a backup, if your gasket does not fit then once the rocker box is off you can use that as a template for the outer edge and hole locations and make a gasket in half an hour. If your gasket is right then mark up the cork ready for next time.  A set of hole punches is also useful but you can likely find some cheap ones on eBay.

The BSD 3 is a Ford New Holland designation. They were fitted in Ford tractors and vintage tractor dealers are a very good source of spares. The prices I have seen for in stock items are 'considerably' cheaper than Sleeman and Hawkins.

52 minutes ago, hughc said:

The BSD 3 is a Ford New Holland designation. They were fitted in Ford tractors and vintage tractor dealers are a very good source of spares. The prices I have seen for in stock items are 'considerably' cheaper than Sleeman and Hawkins.

Who mentioned BSD 3 and is the BD3 not pre Ford New Holland.

And if you read my post you will see I have ordered from Agriline

• 2 weeks later...

Where am I allowed to mention that I've got a pretty much  pristine example of a BD3 engine for sale with just over 1300 hours on the clock? All 35 hp x 105 ft lb  still very much available ....... . I can even make the appropriate bits shiny again with very little effort. Going electric is the explanation btw!