New Scottish Canal

Mac of Cygnet

Featured Posts

No.2 Son has been helping out at the Eden Festival in Dumfries & Galloway and he sent me this pic of a narrowboat imported for the event, and a 20 metre long canal dug to float it.  My reaction was "Weird. Why?", but he could only reply "Because they could".

New Canal.jpg

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

1 hour ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

No.2 Son has been helping out at the Eden Festival in Dumfries & Galloway and he sent me this pic of a narrowboat imported for the event, and a 20 metre long canal dug to float it.  My reaction was "Weird. Why?", but he could only reply "Because they could".

New Canal.jpg

Are you sure it's floating? :o 

16 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

So Where's the nearest canal or navigation? The Annan certainly isn't navigable, and I don't think it ever has been? Would it be the Carlingwalk Canal off the Dee near Castle Douglas? We tried to get a dinghy through that many years ago...

Closest is probably the Muirkirk Canal

2 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

So Where's the nearest canal or navigation? The Annan certainly isn't navigable, and I don't think it ever has been? Would it be the Carlingwalk Canal off the Dee near Castle Douglas? We tried to get a dinghy through that many years ago...

The River Nith is navigable up to Dumfries.