Poured concrete as ballast

Napton

Featured Posts

On 06/08/2023 at 14:55, magnetman said:

I much prefer the triangular type with a board. 

Indeed, I'm not sure the new type will survive getting close to the arch of a low bridge., unlike the traditional triangular ones.

On 06/08/2023 at 11:24, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Just seen a photo of their boat, never mind the concrete ballest I would say the Cratch just doesn’t work, just looks wrong for the boat with the design and colour, looks like they’ve just stuck a cheap Decathlon tent on the front of a boat costing in excess of £200k.

D00CE450-C190-49CB-960B-0FB2D38049BF.jpeg.fd90a967c7e24c224bb5c1b254f87e6e.jpeg

Someone has asked on FB how to mount a tunnel light and do that actually have to have one with that type of cratch

The best place for a tunnel light is beside the helm ideally on a magnet mount so one can place it slightly forward to avoid glare. Nice having the whole of the cabin top lit up. Also this can be turned to the side when passing other boats out of courtesy. 

I do know of a boat that was damaged due to not having a light on the front and bumped by another boat.  My own experience was meeting a tug with a light pushing a full length flat with no light that I didn't see.  Fortunately the tug driver shouted and I took evasive action (moved over).  Subsequent conversation in the pub suggested that I should look down at the water from time to time but I'd been taught to steer in tunnels by watching the illuminated roof.

• Greenie 1