Upgrade Thetford c400 cassette toilet

Silent Flight

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, Owls Den said:

I’m hoping I can find a toilet seat that fits this model, isn’t plastic and has soft close.

Does this exist? 

In a word 'no' - or at least as far as I am aware. They are a custom fit for the loo and Thetford don't make one AFAIK

Best bet would be to take the existing one off and lug it to your local DIY superstore, grab a member of staff as you enter and explain you want to see if any they have in stock are a suitable replacement for the one in your hand. They're usually quite accommodating.

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Best bet would be to take the existing one off and lug it to your local DIY superstore, grab a member of staff as you enter and explain you want to see if any they have in stock are a suitable replacement for the one in your hand. They're usually quite accommodating.

I was thinking about suggesting the same but the seat design and fixing method is pretty 'custom' and I doubt any seat designed for a domestic loo would come close to being able to fit, or even be adapted so that it would.

Screenshot_20230509-131258_Chrome.jpg

I also think it very unlikely that you will find any suitable replacement other than a Thetford one.identical to that supplied when the loo was new

Generally they are smaller than a domestic one and it is unlikely that you will find compatible mounts and hinges.

What is the problem with an identical replacement?

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I read it as he doesn't want a plastic seat, and also wanted the 'soft close'.

I've never really understood why anyone would want a device that makes it take longer to open or close the toilet seat ...

3 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I've never really understood why anyone would want a device that makes it take longer to open or close the toilet seat ...

It doesn’t alter the opening effect. And yes on paper it’s ridiculous I agree.

But once you’ve had soft close its hard to go back. 

I keep dropping the seat expecting it a nice gradual closing motion but instead,   BANG!

4 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

I also think it very unlikely that you will find any suitable replacement other than a Thetford one.identical to that supplied when the loo was new

Generally they are smaller than a domestic one and it is unlikely that you will find compatible mounts and hinges.

What is the problem with an identical replacement?

Thetford do a fresh loo box, basically a replacement cassette and loo seat.

https://www.grasshopperleisure.co.uk/thetford-c400-fresh-up-kit---cassette--toilet-seat-2653-p.asp

If I can’t find an upgrade I will just get that and accept the throne isn’t as kingly as one hoped!

21 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

You've never had a drunken oaf accidentally drop the seat and destroy the porcelain bowl then? 

Opening is just as quick as a regular seat ;)