Non slip

Theo

Featured Posts

Just need to do a couple of square feet of non slip. Midland Chandlers do non slip aggregate and non slip additive. How are these products used and what is the difference?

All the best

Nick

Take it your after the 'rubber mat' or 'sandpaper' not the stuff you add to paint!

No, I don't want the sandpaper stickon stuff.

I think that I have part of the answers from the other posts:

1. Aggregate=Paint, sprinkle when wet, then brush off

2. Additive=add to paint

What I would like to know is what is the difference in appearance and durability.

Nick

No, I don't want the sandpaper stickon stuff.

I think that I have part of the answers from the other posts:

1. Aggregate=Paint, sprinkle when wet, then brush off

2. Additive=add to paint

What I would like to know is what is the difference in appearance and durability.

Nick

if you get some kiln dried sand sieve it and throw away dont go through that way you dont get big sharp bits

if you get some kiln dried sand sieve it and throw away dont go through that way you dont get big sharp bits

My neighbor got his aggregate from Focus I think. Bigger bags and half the price. I'll ask him what they called it. He went the sprinkle on way and it looks good.

Did you see this post?

Aggregate looks like sand sprinkled on paint (strange that!), traps dirt, tends to go green and eventually scuffs off.

Paint with non-slip additive just looks like slightly dull paint, is easy to clean and is fairly durable. Also can be touched up if it does scuff.

HTH

John MV Sara