Flying Dragon - Is this how BW manages our money?

Byeckerslike

Featured Posts

Hi All,

This sad tupperware is moored on the GU at the Cosgrove watering and sanitation point, back in mid-October, the abandoned wreck was barely afloat, obviously, BW had done their risk assessment, for the boat was surronded by a boom of absorbant rolls in a bid to prevent pollution escaping into the canal. Sadly, by early November this boat had sunk, I imagine it is going to be far more expensive to crane this submerged wreck than when it was floating. I only hope that BW will recover all their costs (and mooring fees) from the owner.

2069152106_84713b55d8_b.jpg

2069140458_7613d65399_b.jpg

2068350999_3e50635260_b.jpg

2068357327_c16f300925_b.jpg

2068348177_216d8943e2_b.jpg

2069143238_593922853b_b.jpg

Did you shake the gas bottle to see if there was owt in it? Don't bother if it's empty, there's no deposit on flogas.
I checked out all the head banger beer cans, and sadly, I have to report that they are all empty! Sefish Bast!
Is that what the refer to as project boat that needs a little TLC to well everything ? :rolleyes:
Maybe I could retrieve the alsternator and rebuild it as a spare? B)

You'll get a letter warning that they are going to prosecute because you boarded without permission in contravention of

the 1686 Piracy Act.

Shame on you.

You've probably contravened his human rights.

Edited by NB Willawaw

Question - when is the boundary crossed between a down on his luck, un-licenced boater who is trying to enjoy a bit of low budget boating whilst not upsetting his fellow boaters and the owner of this boat ?

Edited by NB Willawaw

Question - when is the boundary crossed between a down on his luck, un-licenced boater who is trying to enjoy a bit of low budget boating whilst not upsetting his fellow boaters and the owner of this boat ?

There could be more to this story, when we first used the Cosgrove sanitation facility, we did indeed meet a guy who fitted the "down on his luck" scenario, he was there for 3 or 4 weeks, bumming around.

The next week end a fairly nice tupperware was moored up and this guy was trying to assist a marine engineer, who was installing a new outboard motor onto this boat. Since that week-end, this newer tupperware and apparent owner haven't been seen by us again :rolleyes:

If this is the boat I think it is, for years it was moored some way down that straight stretch below Cosgrove lock, South of the aqueduct. If it is (the same boat) it appears to have been recently moved to above the lock! I believe an old guy lived on board who seemed to collect and repair bycycles. The boat was covered in bycycles and tarpaulins, hence my uncertainity in identifying it.

That's someone else's boat now isn't it

oh the shame..... not till midday today she aint,,,,,till i get that cheque or cash in me grubby mitts......

One last night aboard, how can just a few tons of wood make ya feel your guilty for selling her......sorry...im fillin up......sob