Drips from flue!

YSA

Featured Posts

Our stove does this.

We burn smokeless or bricketts. There is no leak at the top . Does it in dry weather 

Only with very low fire. Assume it is related to condensation on  outside of single wall flue.

very small fire very long flu.

Yes I have 3 co detectors

Yes l have beaten the living daylights out of the stove pipe at the join with the collar both internaly and externally to check the flue, with a hammer. 

Done it since first being lit.

1 hour ago, roland elsdon said:

Our stove does this.

We burn smokeless or bricketts. There is no leak at the top . Does it in dry weather 

Only with very low fire. Assume it is related to condensation on  outside of single wall flue.

very small fire very long flu.

Yes I have 3 co detectors

Yes l have beaten the living daylights out of the stove pipe at the join with the collar both internaly and externally to check the flue, with a hammer. 

Done it since first being lit.

Do you have a double skin chimney with the inner slightly set down into the flue and the gap between the inner and outer insulated? I think often the drips originate inside a single skin chimney, drip down onto the collar and leak between collar and flue.

• Greenie 1

14 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Did you manage to get this sorted? 

Someone is coming to have a look next week hopefully! I think it's just some fire cement that's come off and has left some gaps, but the steel at the flue collar is a little wobbly so want to make sure it's all ok, especially as I'll be away for s bit and someone else will be staying on the boat!

8 minutes ago, YSA said:

Someone is coming to have a look next week hopefully! I think it's just some fire cement that's come off and has left some gaps, but the steel at the flue collar is a little wobbly so want to make sure it's all ok, especially as I'll be away for s bit and someone else will be staying on the boat!

Great. Thanks for coming back. Hope you get it sorted, and its nothing major.