Another body found in canal - Police appealing for help to identify.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Always wore mine on a string round my neck inside my shirt on a daily basis. Always had it with me and handy on occasion whilst not boating to gain access to toilets if near the cut. Still have one but of little/no use these days.

Same here keys I can lose my neck I cant

5 hours ago, magnetman said:

I know it is a bit distasteful but I always think it would be worth it if the police announced whether the trouser fly was opened or closed. 

I would not seek to judge anybody who uses alcohol as self medication (!) but it seems it might speed up the process of identification in this sort of case. 

What I mean is that people who get hammered enough to have stability issues while doing it are probably known to others. Not always the case but I don't think non alcoholics would very often fall in the water while having a pee. 

You may be thinking of poor alcoholics (those reduced to drinking strong lager, cider or cheap wine). My experience with alcoholics who can easily afford their habit has been that generally they are steady (ish) after a remarkable volume of alcohol.

5 hours ago, magnetman said:

I know it is a bit distasteful but I always think it would be worth it if the police announced whether the trouser fly was opened or closed. 

I would not seek to judge anybody who uses alcohol as self medication (!) but it seems it might speed up the process of identification in this sort of case. 

What I mean is that people who get hammered enough to have stability issues while doing it are probably known to others. Not always the case but I don't think non alcoholics would very often fall in the water while having a pee. 

You may be thinking of poor alcoholics (those reduced to drinking strong lager, cider or cheap wine). My experience with alcoholics who can easily afford their habit has been that generally they are steady (ish) after a remarkable volume of alcohol.