Dean Lock Water Point

Richardcn

Featured Posts

Hi All

Quick question for locals (or those in the know). Is Dean Lock Water Point on the L & L (west of Wigan) a working water supply? It's mentioned in a number of places but not in the CRT map! If it is, out of interest as we're rather hoping to be using it, what's the flow rate like?

Thanks

Richard

I haven't used it a year or two as we moor less than an hour away and have a supply at the mooring.

It's definitely there and was working in summer.  The next westward one is the Rufford junction I think. 

I'm not sure if the guy on the offside at ring o bells still let's people fill up from his tap ? He used to I understand.

It is very close to the tail of the lock so you may have to wind and nose upto the lock if coming from the Wigan direction.

Or just edge out of the lock. Either way you block the lock but won't be much movement in November.

25 minutes ago, pearley said:

It is very close to the tail of the lock so you may have to wind and nose upto the lock if coming from the Wigan direction.

Or just edge out of the lock. Either way you block the lock but won't be much movement in November.

Thanks, useful to know and sounds like it's definitely still in use. I wonder why CRT don't seem to recognise it?