Mooring under trees

blackrose

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Peugeot 106 said:

Willow trunk approx 18” dia x 20’ tall just crashed down without warning on the opposite bank. Missed all boats. Couldn’t stand the heat. Last time I saw this was on the Llangollen 2 years ago. It’s not that rare and I won’t be buying a lottery ticket!

Bludy willows are a menace. Had one land on mine many years ago that luckily had been pollarded.

So at least the boat didnt sink but there was enough weight to push the stbd corner of the cabin down and put the back doors out of alignment!

20220719_141327.jpg

1 hour ago, PaulJ said:

Bludy willows are a menace. Had one land on mine many years ago that luckily had been pollarded.

So at least the boat didnt sink but there was enough weight to push the stbd corner of the cabin down and put the back doors out of alignment!

20220719_141327.jpg

Dont call them crack willows for no reason. I must admit I have given in and moored under trees, but not willow or larch