More sharp corners!

Featured Posts

Belfast sinks were available in a range of sizes, and my mum had what I would call a medium sized one - about 24" x 18" x 12" deep, with a 36" wooden draining board. Of course they pre-dated washing machines and all the laundry had to be hand washed in the sink. A piddley little stainless steel one would have been no use for washing sheets an blankets,

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, David Schweizer said:

Belfast sinks were available in a range of sizes, and my mum had what I would call a medium sized one - about 24" x 18" x 12" deep, with a 36" wooden draining board. Of course they pre-dated washing machines and all the laundry had to be hand washed in the sink. A piddley little stainless steel one would have been no use for washing sheets an blankets,

Of course -- but I doubt that many people with a Belfast sink on a boat wash sheets and blankets in it nowadays... 😉

It's a nostalgia/style/fashion household trend item like the "old-style" taps that often go with it, I predict that in another few years they'll both be out of fashion again and be ripped out and disappear as quickly as they came -- hopefully in favour of something more suited to the use they're normally put to, but maybe not knowing the way that fashion trends go...

24 minutes ago, IanD said:

Of course -- but I doubt that many people with a Belfast sink on a boat wash sheets and blankets in it nowadays... 😉

It's a nostalgia/style/fashion household trend item like the "old-style" taps that often go with it, I predict that in another few years they'll both be out of fashion again and be ripped out and disappear as quickly as they came -- hopefully in favour of something more suited to the use they're normally put to, but maybe not knowing the way that fashion trends go...

Well our boat had one. It was built in 2005.

And our house has one, installed 4 years ago. So that is a pretty long trend. 

The thing about making a personal choice about something is that its exactly that 'personal' to the person making it.

Fashion/trends to a degree have long since determined what people like in terms of kitchens/galleys/bedrooms/bathrooms both in houses and boats, especially narrowboats.Things also go out of fashion and then come back in again, if you keep something long enough......