Mooring for wide beam

Chribley

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, Chribley said:

I have a 50' X 11' barge and need a mooring in the West Yorkshire area. Other locations might be possible. Shore power desirable but not essential. Any suggestions please?

Woodlesford is good. No shore power though. Shore power at Stanley ferry, not as nice but still ok.

11 hours ago, Chribley said:

I have a 50' X 11' barge and need a mooring in the West Yorkshire area. Other locations might be possible. Shore power desirable but not essential. Any suggestions please?

CV marine might have something? Worth a try anyway 

3 hours ago, peterboat said:

CV marine might have something? Worth a try anyway 

Thanks for this suggestion. I contacted CV Marine yesterday and got a positive reply so I think I will be going there.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. The CRT moorings are all really pricey but I think I have found a reasonably priced marina mooring at one of CV Marine's marinas.

2 hours ago, Chribley said:

Thanks for this suggestion. I contacted CV Marine yesterday and got a positive reply so I think I will be going there.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. The CRT moorings are all really pricey but I think I have found a reasonably priced marina mooring at one of CV Marine's marinas.

And how much do you think you’ll be paying with CV Marine? 
  If you look at their prices there’s 100% surcharge for boats over 7ft. You should be ok at Shepley Bridge.

1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

And how much do you think you’ll be paying with CV Marine? 
  If you look at their prices there’s 100% surcharge for boats over 7ft. You should be ok at Shepley Bridge.

Actually their site says 50% surcharge. They write 'We have three different berths types available; Basic Berths (Shepley Bridge Marina only) from £320 per quarter (depending on length), Standard Berths from £336.80 per quarter (depending on length) and Premier Berths £780 per quarter.'

So looking at their price list, for my 50' boat a standard berth would be £449.05 per quarter + 50% = £673.375 = £224.53 per month and £2694.30 per annum. That's with shore power and marina facilities, which I reckon is not too bad.
  • Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Chribley said:

Actually their site says 50% surcharge. They write 'We have three different berths types available; Basic Berths (Shepley Bridge Marina only) from £320 per quarter (depending on length), Standard Berths from £336.80 per quarter (depending on length) and Premier Berths £780 per quarter.'

So looking at their price list, for my 50' boat a standard berth would be £449.05 per quarter + 50% = £673.375 = £224.53 per month and £2694.30 per annum. That's with shore power and marina facilities, which I reckon is not too bad.

Not much at Shepley with regards to services, but good for your size widebeam with easy access to cruising routes and a short walk to Mirfield for trains and shops, also dry dock when needed👍

• Greenie 1