Jump to content

The launderette in March on the Middle Level has closed down


nbfiresprite
 Share

Featured Posts

Anyone when crossing the Middle Level who stops in March to use the launderette south of the town bridge on the High Street. The launderette closed for good on the 1st December 2021 after failing to find a buyer.

 

The nearest one is in Wisbech on the west side of the river near ASDA. About 10 minuites walk from Horsefair Bus Station. Stagecoach Bus routes 46, 56 link March to Wisbech £5.80 return.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/12/2021 at 22:34, nbfiresprite said:

Anyone when crossing the Middle Level who stops in March to use the launderette south of the town bridge on the High Street. The launderette closed for good on the 1st December 2021 after failing to find a buyer.

 

The nearest one is in Wisbech on the west side of the river near ASDA. About 10 minuites walk from Horsefair Bus Station. Stagecoach Bus routes 46, 56 link March to Wisbech £5.80 return.

Good information, I hadn't noticed the one in Wisbech. We used the one in March for a while in 2011 when we were in temporary accommodation following our house fire. But I actually thought it had closed several years ago.

There used to be a launderette in your marina, Fox's. Is that no longer operational?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Athy said:

Good information, I hadn't noticed the one in Wisbech. We used the one in March for a while in 2011 when we were in temporary accommodation following our house fire. But I actually thought it had closed several years ago.

There used to be a launderette in your marina, Fox's. Is that no longer operational?

 

Only open in office hours, so no use to me and most people and costs double what the launderette charged. I do have a washing machine on board, but for large items you need a big machine hence the using the launderette.

Edited by nbfiresprite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

 

Only open in office hours, so no use to me and most people and costs double what the launderette charged. I do have a washing machine on board, but for large items you need a big machine hence the using the launderette.

But is no longer double what the launderette charges . . . :)

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.