Kidderminster

frahkn

Featured Posts

There's been a fish rescue above York St Lock in Stourport today after oxygen levels plunged. Many fish were coaxed into the lock and lowered into the Upper Basin with others transfered into the adjacent bye wash.

A number of boats moored above the lock ran their engines in gear to help to raise oxygen levels until the Environment Agency's pumps arrived to take over the job.

All stuck here waiting for the stoppage to be lifted.

Although CRT reported that the pollution from the fire in Kidderminster hadn't appeared to impact on fish and wildlife, something horrid has made its way down the canal to Stourport!

On 12/09/2021 at 13:55, ditchcrawler said:

Probably because they still know nothing. The clean up will be finished when its done, who can say when that will be.

Thank you for such an accurate reply. I genuinely doubt if it could be improved.

Not a lot of help to me but that wasn't the point, was it?

Now open but with stipulations of boats travelling 10 minutes apart and slow speed too. How would you know how far the boat in front of you is?

Unfortunately they have in retrospect extended the area concerned from York St in Stourport through to Kidderminster Lock, when the original stoppage was only from Kidderminster Lock to Caldwall Lock, the one below.

Whilst the water here in Stourport is now well oxygenated and without any visible signs of pollution, I caught a bus to Kidderminster earlier and the film on the water surface there is as bad as anything the BCN has to offer on its worst day!

• Greenie 1

17 hours ago, JamesWoolcock said:

Now open but with stipulations of boats travelling 10 minutes apart and slow speed too. How would you know how far the boat in front of you is?

Unfortunately they have in retrospect extended the area concerned from York St in Stourport through to Kidderminster Lock, when the original stoppage was only from Kidderminster Lock to Caldwall Lock, the one below.

Whilst the water here in Stourport is now well oxygenated and without any visible signs of pollution, I caught a bus to Kidderminster earlier and the film on the water surface there is as bad as anything the BCN has to offer on its worst day!

Thanks very much, I think I'll leave it until tomorrow, stop in Kinver tonight.