solar panel{again}

Featured Posts

hi all,i have a epever n series mppt controller on my nb coupled to a 200 watt solar panel,the led screen is showing 100% charge,batteries  full, but the watts are only showing between 40 and 50 watts from the panel, is this normal ? many thanks 

11 minutes ago, dreadnought said:

hi all,i have a epever n series mppt controller on my nb coupled to a 200 watt solar panel,the led screen is showing 100% charge,batteries  full, but the watts are only showing between 40 and 50 watts from the panel, is this normal ? many thanks 

1. That 100% charged display needs taking with a pinch of salt. Come back and tell us what the battery voltage is at about 11pm tonight.

Whatever is going into the controller is of no consequence. It's what is being supplied to the batteries and to save us all  from doing maths that needs to be in amps. On a 440Ah battery bank more or less fully charged would be about 4 amps or less at 14V plus, so it looks as if for once, that % charged display may be correct.

Personally, I would only be interested in battery voltage and amps from controller to batteries.

If the batteries are full, there's nowhere for power from the solar panel to go, so you'll see it decrease down to very little. Have a look after a night moored up has depleted your batteries a bit and the solar is your only input. 

6 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

1. That 100% charged display needs taking with a pinch of salt. Come back and tell us what the battery voltage is at about 11pm tonight.

More that a pinch, it only knows the battery voltage, it doesn't have a clue how much is coming in and going out