A Mystery!!!

Ian_L

Featured Posts

So we can offset the costs of boating by fishing trolleys out of the cut? Do you have to have a fishing license? Is there a standard contract? Does the individual branch of the supermarket deal with you direct or must you post them to head office?

N

After a trolley has been runover by a boat in a bridgehole, it often resembles something created by Salvador Dali. On one occasion we got the Manager out to look at what we had pulled out of the cut. (he was having his lunch) Although very polite he was very ineffective, He would only stand on "his" bank and view from the other side. "Not allowed to leave the premises".

He did arrange a meeting with his Facilities (Trolley) Manager. She was incandescent with rage when we told her we'd had them taken to the tip! We told her to get her induction loop properly installed. Th at, apparently "wasn't her department".

Here we go round the mulberry bush.

Tony

Didn't I read in one of the comics a few months ago, that BW have made a deal nationally with all the supermarkets that they would pay, I think it was £100 for every trolley returned to them.

BW were threatening them quite legitimately that they would make charges on a case by case basis to cover the full cost of recovery and damage caused to the system.

I took a friend out boating for his first time. Filled the lock, got the boat in, emptied it. Came to open the gate and 'his' gate wouldn't open. He thought he was doing something wrong but then the three of us couldn't open it......I had a rake with the cabin shaft and dragged out a shopping trolley.

The look on his face was a picture. :cheers:

I bet there's not many people that have done Ryders Green Top as their first lock. In fact the whole trip was a Baptism of fire for the poor lad as within 5 minutes of joining the boat at Windmill End we had plunged into Netherton Tunnel......

What Gods do they have in Nuneaton? The Coventry Canal at this point must be the dirtiest in terms of flotsom.... sorry changed tacks away from Coconuts.What Gods do they have in Nuneaton? The Coventry Canal at this point must be the dirtiest in terms of flotsom.... sorry changed tacks away from Coconuts.

Ah, Nuneaton, that gets a special mention.

Yes I was inspired to compose an ode to Nuneaton:

Oh Nuneaton, what can I say of you

That hasn't been said before?

I think I'll repeat all that's good about you

oh..er..err..um .. there's no more.

Edited by Keeping Up
Ran out of iambic pentameters

Each cost £1200 or so (that's what it said on a telly prog a while ago) so how many thousands of pounds have you retrieved today.

Wonder if we can get a reward for everyone returned........10% fair isn't it.

malc

malc

i dont know where you shop but i shop in harrods

which is in a very posh part of london

me and my 19 yr old thai mail order bride

goes there nearly every week for our shoppin

and i bet the trollies there cost more money than your boat

so there

regards

cugsey

Edited by cugsey

malc

malc

i dont know where you shop but i shop in harrods

which is in a very posh part of london

me and my 19 yr old thai mail order bride

goes there nearly every week for our shoppin

and i bet the trollies there cost more money than your boat

so there

regards

cugsey

What a coincidence.............snap.

harrods.jpg

TV Alert!

For those who want to see The Coventry Canal Society in action, tune in to BBC 1 9.00pm Wednesday 24th Oct.

The last ten minutes of "The Nature of Britain" in West Midlands will show a staged clearance of the section mentioned in my previous messages in this thread, by the CCS with "Panther".

If you're not in West Midlands. I think it will be SKY 979 or thereabouts.

Tony.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've heard conflicting reports on this.

but there is something inside em that makes the local urchins gag when they break into them for their cider money. I suspect damp pound coins don't smell too bad, but what about damp human ashes?

dunno, contact these people and ask for a quote for Daria. I suspect she's gonna set you back a few bob. :lol:

http://www.anastasia-international.com/pro...ria-1104275.htm

Edit.

The cynic in me suggests the price would be 1/2 of everything you've got, just after she gets citizenship.

Edited by fuzzyduck

:) I hereby categorically state that coconuts left in inland waterways do NOT contain human ashes OR dosh or drugs they are just bad coconuts. Have they got money inside :lol:

well i can confirm that at least some of them do contain fine cloth, and money. and that's empirical evidence.

I have scoured the internet and can find no indication as to the truth about these coconuts.

It confirms that they play a large part in a Hindu funeral ceremony - the crushed shells are also used

in the home cremation serice in India. The comments about moving water seem to be sound - I understand from what I've read that Hindu's believe

that all moving water unites into one mass of water.

However, its rare that the net fails to deliver the full story.

It is indeed, a mystery...

Edited by NB Willawaw