• 20s
    • 30s
    • 40s
    • 50s
    • 60s
    • 70s
    • 80s

Featured Posts

I'd suspect the drop off from 60 to 70 is more likely indicative that the majority of contributors here post from work...... :D

The boards go awfully quiet at weekends implying that a fair percentage of us are of working age so there's going to be a drop off of 60 - 70 year olds.....

Perish the thought :rolleyes:

Looks like the people who are in their 50's just got back from the pub, was the beer good?

No - I've just got in from the garage, where I've been renovating the boat's stove chimney. I wouldn't dream of going to a pub - the beer's outrageousl expensive and there's no smoking! :cheers:

SteveE

I wonder if the survey is showing us the data on the age of boaters in general or just the age of ''internet savvy'' boaters ? I wonder if we as a group are representative or not ??

Edited by Lesd

I have to confess more than once the thought of a boater snuffing it before the boat is finished and paid for as crossed my mind! :cheers:

Must add a clause to the contract "Customer must be prepared to stay alive until a minimum of final payment is made." that should do the trick.

Edited by Gary Peacock

Just going from the area I live in, I'd say we (me 33, hubby 39), that we are among the younger of the majority I see on the Ashby.

Most are in their mid 40's - mid 60's. I've not seen or spoken to many past that age, apart from one who was selling their boat because they could not manage it anymore.

Having said that, I saw one chap in a little 30 footer once stop off for a paper, he must have been somewhere in his 70's, and looked like her could have run a marathon.

I wonder if the survey is showing us the data on the age of boaters in general or just the age of ''internet savvy'' boaters ? I wonder if we as a group are representative or not ??

you can be sure it's "internet savvy boaters" only.

I was 53 when I started boating, and only interested because of circumstances. Very few younger people seem interested (most of my friends are younger, one of the reasons I'm usually on my own).

There are some younger liveaboards I meet, but most are retired i.e. older than 55.

Just thinking of the average age of the owners at Bardney, and I'd say around 50.

you can be sure it's "internet savvy boaters" only.

well yes, would be hard to cast a vote without being, my point was I wonder if our pole is representative of the wider boating community or not. I've no idea what proportion of boaters use the internet and groups like this.

What that means, John, is that there are less voters in their 40's than in their 30's or 50's.

I'll get me coat.

lol

Actually im quite a substantial voter in my 40's, wish there was less of me but what can you do? especially after chomping my way through a 12oz sirloin at the Coy Carp by coppermill lock last night accompianied by a couple of speckled hens :cheers: